• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU for this Sandy Bridge build?

Skarekr0w

Gawd
Joined
Sep 30, 2001
Messages
553
I do recording at home, and my new DAW build will be this setup.

CPU - Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard- Asus P867 Pro
RAM- G. Skill Sniper 8GB
SSD- Crucial C300 128gb
HSF- Cooler Master 212+
SATA Drives = 2 640gb WD Green
GPU- Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1gb

I have 4 to 5 usb devices plugged in at a time
2 firewire (presonus firepods) daisy chained into a PCIe firewire card.

Case is a Antec P180 with 4 180mm fans.

I was going to go with the Corsair 750w but if I can skimp a little, I would rather. Overclocking will be mild on this machine (4.4 tops)
 
I have Seasonic X650 in my SB setup.

2600K w/212+
2 - raptor drives
GTX460
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That 520 Antec is the real deal. Great PSU and the price is very nice!!
 
Back
Top