PSU for this file server

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
11,465
I'm looking to move my RAID array to a seperate machine. Going to put an old Dell 1.7GHz P4 system in a new case. What would be a good quiet PSU for this setup?

Dell 1.7GHz P4
Probably 845 chipset or so, not sure.
Probably integrated audio/video, not sure, but nothing recent for sure.
1 optical drive
1 boot drive
5 x WD4000YR

I'm looking at a OCZ PowerStream, non SLI version, 520W (33A 12V) or even 470W (30A 12V) if I can find one. Thoughts?
 
First, it's a dell, so it's a propriatory power supply.

Second, the OCZ is more than plenty. Hell, even a 420w powerstream is plenty.

third: PCP&C makes Dell power supplies for replacement. Highly suggested otp ick one up.
 
ok, the dell system is out
going to go with a custom socket 478 system

still going to have about 6 hard drives
any reason not to buy the seasonic s12 500w?
or should I look for a PSU without split 12v rails?
 
Back
Top