• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU for PCI Express/SLI

zeeter

n00b
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
58
I currently have a Vantec Stealth 520watt PSU in my gaming box. I am probably going to upgrade soon to a PCI Express/SLI capable motherboard. I was wondering if this PSU would support PCI Express and/or running 2 cards in SLI.

If this won't support it, I'll probably get a PC Power and Cooling 510 Express/SLI PSU :D
 
I see a lot of posts supporting the OCZ powerstream series and the Seasonic brand. 500W or greater should be good.
 
Hey zeeter, I'd at least try out that vantec before buying a new one. I poersonally have the PCP&C 510 SLI which is rock solid, but why spend the money if your current PSU will work without any issues?
 
I have the same PSU, while I am not running SLi, it is a good solid power supply, with great voltages and amperage.

That being said there is one thing glaring you in the face with the Vantec Stealh, no dual 12V rails. Still most of the time the power requirements for these systems have been overrated, and I would definetly give it a try, as it has yet to fail me now.

And before dropping the money on a PCP&C you might want to think of a lower cost alternative, look at the FAQ in the Power Supply forum, there are power supplies that are half the cost, and perform pretty close with PCP&C.
 
Maybe not so much watts as amps. The current requirement on the 12V is at least 34amps. If your stealth has that then you should be ok. The Antec true II (2.0) series are also quite good for SLI. I have the PC Power and Cooling....man all I can say is wow! very deluxe model,obviously well built.... good luck.
 
Back
Top