• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU for new Gaming Rig

The truepower 430 ought to cover you for now. If you want a little future proofing you need to go with the 480 or something like a seasonic S12 series that is an ATX12v2.0 spec PSU. What is your budget for this?
 
about $1500. so any of the ones i posted fit into that budget.

I'll probably go with the 480, if you really think it'll do the job.
 
Ahh ha! I get it :p

Yeah around a hundred, definitely no higher.

I would go for that Fortron if it weren't that horrid color.
 
Suprnova04 said:
Ahh ha! I get it :p

Yeah around a hundred, definitely no higher.

I would go for that Fortron if it weren't that horrid color.

Some people like it :p
 
I Spose I don't have anything against it myself, it just wouldn't match the rest of my stuffs
 
teh antec tp-2 550watt and it's enormous amps :) 38amps on the 12v rail :eek: I have the 480watt version..very nice..running the system in my sig...which I have to update :)
 
Go with the enermax (it was 120 a month ago), or the seasonic. i have that seasonic 430w and i have the 600w version too. they are dead silent, and stable. i just built 2 pcs recently and did alot of psu research. my first choice was seasonic and second was going to be an enermax (the eg565ax version b/c it has active pfc).

you can get the seasonic at svc.com for 89. http://svc.com/p4zo4f3slr.html and the 500w for 123

that is where i got my 600w from and it powers the machine in my sig.

i have the seasonic 430w powering the following machine and it handles it nicely oc'd to 2.2ghz w/fsb @245 w/ ram divider:

dfi lanparty ultra-d, 3000+venice, 1gb corsair value ram in dual channel, x600xtvivo

with your card you might want to spend the extra 20 over your original budget of 100 for the 500w seasonic if you decide to go with that brand. personally after all the research i did i decided to buy the 600w to future proof for upgrades, as spectre stated in another thread things are not getting less power hungry. my original budget was around 100, but i spend the 143 for the 600w seasonic so as not to have to worry about buying another psu for awhile. the 430w i bought from someone at anandtech for a killer price and it is powering my parents machine who wont need to upgrade for another 3 to 4 years or longer :D
 
Back
Top