• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU for dual Xeon

Element2k3

n00b
Joined
Sep 21, 2013
Messages
3
Hi Guys! This is my first post and looking forward to be part of this community. I ordered two E5-2689 with a TDP of 115W each. I would like to know, if my actual Seasonic x760 will be enough to run them together with a FirePro v7900, 3xGentle Typhoon, 1x120 Noctua, 1x140 Led, Aquaero 5 LT, Alphacool 655, Adaptec 2405, 2xWD RE3 and 2 WD Caviar Black.
This is a workstation used for VFX and rendering - 100% load with 24/7 is a must.

Feedback would be really apreciated.
 
That should be plenty, my 2p 2670 box with similar TDP runs no issues on an older 520w Antec NEO ECO, and is no where near stressing the psu
 
Thanks, that's awesome! So I can use that money for more ram instead. Seen that a PSU loses power/performance over time, how would I notice that it's starting to be stressed out by the hardware? Just a bit concerned seen that the two cpus with the Z9PE-D8 Ws weren't cheap
 
Welcome to the team! Nice to have you with us!
 
Thanks, that's awesome! So I can use that money for more ram instead. Seen that a PSU loses power/performance over time, how would I notice that it's starting to be stressed out by the hardware? Just a bit concerned seen that the two cpus with the Z9PE-D8 Ws weren't cheap

if you have a power supply that has a bit of headroom so it doesnt run too hot, it is less likely to lose power, its heat that kills electronics, i read that each 10c roughly halves the life of a component, so if you have a PSU thats near its max it will get much hotter than one which is only at half power. I think your PSU has plenty of headroom with your components though.
 
Thanks Pocatello.

Yeah, read that about the 10C too. The thing is, looking at pre-build systems from HP, Dell, Boxx and workstations done by users, I noticed that they all use 1000w - 1200w. That's why I was a bit worried if my x760 was going to be enough. So lloking forward to tuesday :p
 
Back
Top