PSU for Asus A8N-E?

Actuary

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
2,468
I think I'll be building a new rig soon, and I wanted to go with the Asus A8N-E. Howeve, I believe it needs a 24 pin psu. What are some good 24 pin PSU's that are at least 450W? Would the COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-450-ACLY ATX12V 450W Power Supply 90 - 264V Nemko / TUV / cUL / CE / CNS be a good choice? Would it have enough "juice" to power the processor, 2-3 Hard drives, 2 optical drives, a pci-E 6600gt, and maybe a couple fans? Also, if I look on newegg, how do I tell which PSU's are 24 pin and which are 20?
 
PC Power and Cooling 510, you will not regret spending a little more. This PSU is solid!
 
I built two computers with an Asus A8N-E mobo paired with a Antec Trupower II 430watt ATX 2.0 ;) works fine.. Good Quality.

I agree with the guy above me, PCPC is an awesome PSU. But pricey also. :(
 
The Coolermaster will work fine, seeing how it is an ATX12V v2.0 PSU, but you can do better. The new Antec TruePower II models offer tighter 3% load regulation and lower noise output. I'd shoot for one of those, perhaps a 430W model.
 
Should I go with the Antec TruePower II 430W or give myself some extra room and go for the 480W version?
 
If you want extra room above what the 430 will supply just jump up to the 550W Truepower-2. It's only $25 more than the 430 and $15 more than the 480.
 
Back
Top