• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

psu for a whs box

orubap

n00b
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
41
Currently ordering parts to rehaul my machine into a WHS box and using online psu calc's is giving me really wide varied results. Psu will be on 24/7 and being cost efficient is top priority for me (my elec isn't cheap). Specs so far..

Athlon64 X2 4200
4 DDR sticks
Radeon X550
7-8 sata drives
3 non-led fans

So will my Antec 380 Earthwatts power this safely or is a bigger psu a must here? May add a TV tuner in the future...
 
Cheers and good to hear. Some online calc's were quoting 550watts+ for this box.

On the subject I was in town today, and browsing Maplins (UK's radioshack) for their monthly offers I came across a Power Meter that measures wattage of the device connected. Besides testing my various gear to see how much its costing me to run I spose it'd be a handy indicator of when and if a psu upgrade is required.

I'll post the results of the servers average wattage when its built.
 
EA380 should be enough. I was using a Seasonic 350 to power my home server - E7400/Q35 board, 4 sticks of dimms, and 5 drives. I'm surprised that you actually got calculations that quoted you 550+w for your gear..
 
Back
Top