• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU for (#) 8800 GS's -

whodie

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
818
I'm finalizing my hybrid HTPC/folding rig and I have some concerns about the PSU....

Current PSU is an OCZ StealthXtreme 600w. The rig will consist of:

E1400 @ 3.2ghz
1 HD
1 Optical drive
1 X-Fi soundcard
3 8800 GS's that will be folding 24/7 overclocked at 685/1900/1900


Best estimate on power draw puts me around 486w....but that is at lower GPU OC levels....



Is it feasible or do I need something bigger?
 
486W from the wall maybe. Considering that your components are pretty low-power aside from the GPUs, I'd estimate 350-400W DC draw from the PSU. Your OCZ PSU is good for up to around 500W before encountering high ripple issues, so I'd say you're pretty safe with what you've got.
 
not exactly the same setup..

DFI 790FX-M2RS
3x EVGA 8800GS OC 700/1750/2000
BE-2400 (stock)
Antec Neo Power 500W

idle: 175-185w
load: 290-305w

GPU2 folding@home 24/7
 
Thanks! That is exactly the info I needed


rep + for both of you, errr wait wrong forum lol
 
Back
Top