PSU floppy power connector --> regular molex?

Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
863
for some reason, my PSU has 2 floppy power connectors...yet I have 0 floppy drives. If I were to take off the floppy power connector and connect the wires via a regular molex connector, would that still function normally? Or am I gonna blow up the PSU? :p
 
it's gonna explode!!!

heh. no, it's fine.

the only thing that might kill you is IF the wires are a different size...then they can't handle the same amperage as the normal molex wires... but you have to be running some serious current though them to cause problems!
 
Originally posted by defcom_1
it's gonna explode!!!

heh. no, it's fine.

the only thing that might kill you is IF the wires are a different size...then they can't handle the same amperage as the normal molex wires... but you have to be running some serious current though them to cause problems!

well, this is an extra PSU...so I figure, if I do fry it...just go with the one already in my system...:p
 
not that you need to hear it, but...

its fine, as said above, I had a zip drive i needed power to it, so i took a flopy power, and wired it into a molex and patched it threw, and it worked fine... good luck
 
Back
Top