• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU Fan Stopped!

Joined
Oct 24, 2005
Messages
22
I just added a few fans to my computer (changed the exhaust in the abck and added two on the side panel), and now the fan for my PSU isnt turning.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it was turning before I made the changes, but is there anything that could cause this? I thoguth all of that was internal, so I have no idea what might be the source...

The PSU is an antec smart power 2.0 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103937). It has two fans, so I don't think that I am completly screwed, but I would still like to figure it out...

I added a 120mm thermaltake fan to the case connected ot a 4 pin connector and an 80mm enermac fan atached to that with a 4-3 pin converter. I also replaced an 80mm fan with another enermac fan plugged into the mobo. I have never opened the PSU.

*Note, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section :confused: *

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly apreciated! If you ened more information, just ask!

*EDIT* fixed the name, it is a smart power like the third post says.
 
i would just open it up and put in a new fan, could be caused by dust. that stuff gets really dusty :eek:
 
You say it's a true power, but the link is to a SmartPower. If you have the smartpower, the rear fan only comes on when its needed.
 
D3v01D said:
You say it's a true power, but the link is to a SmartPower. If you have the smartpower, the rear fan only comes on when its needed.

I'm sorry, it is a smart power, that is the model I bought. If thats true, then its a huge relief. I never really noticed that the fan was off untill I was adding new ones. I feel like an idiot, but at least now I know. Thank you so much!
 
yea with all my antec power supplies they barely spin because they only speed up when ur doing intensive stuff. nothing to worry about
 
Back
Top