• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PSU Crackling Noises

Mccaula718

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
517
So i've suspected for awhile that my psu was not strong enough to run my system overclocked. I eliminated any driver issues over the last two weeks. That brought me to today where I ran Intelburntest and Furmark at the same time and the system bluescreened(1055t@3.8 1.55v & 6970 @ 1.3v) or just crashed completely. So i've turned down my cpu overclock to 3.5 and 1.4v hoping it would solve the issue. Now I get an almost crackling noise from my psu(Antec Neo Eco 520C 80plus certified. I removed my side panel to make sure a wire didn't get caught in the fan which it didn't. When I close out of furmark, the noise goes away.

Is my PSU dying and need replaced or do I just need to lower the overclocks?


EDIT
I think I need to change my question. Is my power supply safe to run? I have never heard it make sounds like that before during normal usage. As my CPU will never be as stressed as it is during IBT, is my psu fine?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top