PSU causing freezes?

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
I RMAed two of my BFG cards and got them both back but now instead of having artifacts they just freeze.

The thing is they run FINE by themselves. If I lower the speeds down from BFG's OC then they run ok in SLi. I'm thinking the cards OCed in SLi are drawing off too much from one rail.

I'm beginning to wonder if the two cards OCed are overloading one of the rails. Both video cards share the same rail on the Enermax 660w I think. It has 3 rails, two at 18A and one at 15A.

Should I return this PSU and go for a PC P&C 850w?
 
I don't think so Bop

I have 2 BFG 7900GTX-OC and plenty of other crap ..see sig... and a 700w psu
and all is fine, but you may have a faulty rail in the psu...only way to eliminate that would to swap it with another psu to test !!!

I have see psu on limit REBOOTING systems but yours is a bit diffrent.... :confused:

check here if you are in UK. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Power_Supplies_123.html


850w would be nice !!! but I think as long as it's SLI cert. there should be no probs...

Best of luck
 
Well I bought myself a PC P&C 1kW yesterday, I wanted one in the first place but I couldn't afford it at the time. :)
 
Back
Top