PSU causing damage to PCI-E pins ?

Keolv

n00b
Something in my PC is causing damage to the PCI-E pins and I think these are the power supply pins.
Example:
The graphics card I've had for about a year:
k80zvdT.jpg

The sound card I've had for about 3 years is in a significantly worse shape, pretty much the entire gold coating of these exact 2 pins is destroyed, but the copper beneath it is still there so it works witouht a problem. My previous RAM also had some damaged pins.
So far nothing has stopped working due to this but I really don't understand what is going on...
The PSU is Seasonic S12II Bronze.
This was the sound card a few months ago:
http://i.imgur.com/qf5IWkj.jpg
I cleaned the pins of the sound card and now it has only copper on these 2 pins.

Last edited:
Usually burnt connections are the result of bad connections. I wonder if your motherboard vendor got a bad batch of PCIe sockets.

That's REALLY odd. I dunno if I'd call it your PSU though. It's almost like those pins on your mobo are corroding the contacts.

Motherboard is much more likely to be the culprit.

So my best bet is to just replace the motherboard ? I find it really odd that it only happens on 2 specific pins. Also I thought gold didn't corrode.
And would the corroded pins on the old devices cause damage to the new motherboard ?
I would probably not be able to get a replacement motherboard on the basis that it's corroding the PCI-E pins on my devices.

Last edited:
Back