PSU Cable Length

ebolamonkey3

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, still kinda new to the PC building game and here's a noob question. I have an OCZ ModXtreme 700w PSU and a HAF922 case. The 4pin connector to the CPU is just a tad too short to go around the back and I have to route it over my GPU through the top. It's not a problem right now but if I do move to a full tower or get a bigger graphics card this will not work. Is there some kind of extension cable that I can buy to extend the length of my cables and where can I get them?

Also, the for the next time I buy a PSU, what is a good PSU that has long cables? I was looking at the Seasonic 650w and some Corsair ones, but don't know if the included cables would be any longer than the OCZ's. Thanks guys!

Can someone just tell me where's a good place to find cable extensions? I went to Microcenter the other day and a single 4pin extender is $20, :( there's gotta be a cheaper place.

anyone know where i can get a 24pin black sleeved and 4 or 8 pin 12v black sleeved extension cables in canada??? not sure how expensive it would be to ups those from the us.

A couple of people on here have had positive experiences with buying at Koolertek.

Last edited:
Back