• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU bracket on the Antec P182

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
460
What is the purpose of the bracket the goes over the PSU on the Antec P182? Does it need to be there or can the PSU just be held in place by it's own 4 screw from the back?
 
You could leave it off, but I think it helps secure it to the base so that it won't rattle. If you did not have the cage on there it could float above the base plate and possibly rattle. Doesn't seem likely since there are the padded strips on the base, but that's about all I could think of.
 
I'm not using it. With the 'fake boob material' (silicon) around it, it's purpose is to dampen the noise. I'm not partial to noise reduction, so it doesn't matter to me... What does matter to me is that the HDD on my work computer stop buzzing.. THAT is more irritating than fan noises IMO
 
I've been looking through the gallery and almost everyone has it in place. Even though this case doesn't come with a window, it makes a great looking PSU ugly.
 
it also makes a fugly PSU look somewhat hidden... I have a fugly PSU, but you can't see the internals with the side panel on.. oh well.
 
Back
Top