• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU and Crossfire Questions

WiSH2oo0

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
73
My brothers current is 6850 linked here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102912

and hes looking at picking up another 6850 linked here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161363

He was wondering if they will work together in X-Fire.

He was also wondering if his TX750 V1 linked here is enough to power it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

I told him the cards should work well together but I was sure about the PSU being enough.

TY
Moses
 
that PSU can handle 6970's crossfired easily so yes 2 x 6850's will be just fine. Just to make sure, what are the rest of his system specs?
 
As long as he has a motherboard that supports crossfire and isn't running a dual cpu system (LOL) then he's good to go with that power supply and running both of the cards in crossfire.
 
Thx for the replies guys! His current gear is 2500K(Stock), Asus P8P67 Rev 1.0, G.Skill Ripjaw 2 x 4GB (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) and Crucial M4 64GB. I thought it would be fine but it never hurts to ask questions.

Ty for the help..
Moses
 
Last edited:
I have a pair of XFX 6870's running off an Antec Earthwatts 620W PSU (LOL). Your brother's TX750 will be more than capable of powering a pair of 6850's.
 
Well I went to hook up CF on my brothers computer and his P8P67 only supports PCIe x4 mode. After I seen that I told him to send his second card back and wait for the 7xxx cards to be released.

Moses
 
On my GF's computer, I have two 6850's running on a 500 watt PSU. I think your friend will be fine.
 
Well I went to hook up CF on my brothers computer and his P8P67 only supports PCIe x4 mode. After I seen that I told him to send his second card back and wait for the 7xxx cards to be released.

Moses

Or spend another 100-120 bucks for a motherboard with a different chipset that has more PCIe lanes...or get the board I have...though I think it costs a bit more...cant remember.

Edit: Just looked it up on newegg....the board I have goes for about 250 bucks...I dont remember it costing that much lol.
 
Back
Top