• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU Advice for My system

kopekci

n00b
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
56
Hi guys,

here are my system with new components:

i7 920 4.0ghz (1.35voltage)
Asus p6tse
ATI 5870 CROSSFIRECorsair 1600MHz 6 gb

Thanks in advance.
 
A good quality 650w would likely work, but I'd go with a 750w to have some headroom.
 
I'm not one to over-zealously recommend large capacity PSUs, but in this case you'll need a at least a 650w unit. Smaller units won't have the PEGs for CF'd 5870. The Seasonic X-650 has two 6pin + 6pin+2 cables and can do 648w on the single 12v rail. Depending on the overclock of the processor and GPUs, I could see a worst case scenario of around 600w. For your setup, I'd say you'd be better off with an 850w unit. You'd have plenty of headroom as well as less strain on the PSU. I like Seasonic's X series, but look at Corsair units too. Corsair also has a PSU line that basically are the Seasonic X series. I guess it just comes down to pricing and availability in Turkey.
 
Seasonic X-750, XFX Black Edition 750W, Kingwin Lazer Gold 750W, NZXT HALE90 750W, Corsair AX750, Corsair HX750, Antec Truepower New 750W. Those are all good options for you, in no particular order.
 
Back
Top