PSP memory stick

reg24

n00b
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
3
Was looking around for a decent 1GB memory card for my psp, not sure what a good price is for one or where to buy from... at a local best buy there like $80 which I think is a waste... I was looking at SanDisk GAMING cards and they seem pretty good..

Any opinions and where to buy would be nice =] (Online or in a store localy)
 
Smells a little fishy to me; the guy has no feedback for anything other than Asian DVDs, so it's hard to say if this is legit or not.
 
I would spend $90ish on the Sandisk 2GB at newegg. I did and have not regreted it. If you spend more than $60 for 1GB, you are paying too much. Memory prices are dropping fast. I paid $85 for my 1GB back in Dec and $98 for 2GB in Feb. Soon (specuation based on falling prices) the 2Gb will probably cost around $60-70 and the 4GB ones will be just over $100.
 
I also bought the Sandisk 2gb for around $90...No regrets at all, works great. But when 4gb cards come out and the prices fall I plan on buying one of those allready.
 
You should be able to buy a Sandisk 1GB online for around $50- and the 2GB for $85-. Just look around on froogle.google.com and resellerratings.com
 
Browse SlickDeals.net/Spoofee.com, there are almost always deals on 1 or 2 GB MS PRO DUO sticks every now and then. I got 2 x 1 GB from Buy.com for $45 after $15 MIR.
 
reg24 said:

Probably fake. i bought one from a guy on amazon z-shops and it was a fake. Similar price. I conpared my "sony high speed 2gb pro duo" to one my friend has and noticed that all the printing was printed on a sticker and just stuck on the memory stick. Mind you it works. May be fake but works fine. However i was pretty miffed and contacted the seller. He told me to send it back for a refund, but wouldnt send me his address. Got my money back with amazon and got to keep the card.

But i wouldnt recommend buying one. There was an article on CNET a few weeks back warning of fake cards doing the rounds in china, and popping up on ebay.

Personally i'd spend the extra and get one from a reputable dealer and preferably a Sandisk card which are exactly the same anyway (both sony and sandisk buy the same part from the same manufacturer). There arent any sandisk fakes as far as i know.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top