PSP homebrew question

I

infiniti029

I have a friend selling a PSP with firmware version 2.81. I checked some sites regarding homebrew, but i'm not quite sure I understand what I need to do to load the homebrew software. Do I need to upgrade to a certain version, downgrade, or what?

Please start threads in the proper subforum. - Slartibartfast

You will need to downgrade to 1.5. Here is a tutorial, you will need the old GTA - Link. v2.81 may be able to use some homebrew but it will be limited.

If i were you, I'd downgrade to 1.50 and then upgrade to the newly released 3.30oe-a firmware, which has all the benefits of the new firmware as well as homebrew working, and it lets you play backups of games.

Try Ebay for the GTA game, and you'll probably spend $70 on it like I ended up doing. :D

Either way, you'll need an unpatched copy of GTA:LCS. I can't remember the exact upgrade procedure for FW2.8+ but I think you need to upgrade to FW3.03. Once you're at FW3.03, use the unpatched copy of GTA:LCS to run the homebrew enabler, then run the downgrader for 1.5, then once you're at FW1.5, you can run the upgrader for for whatever OE firmware you'd like.

Try your local EB games, they may have an unpatched copy. Some people have been getting lucky. I bought my copy for $15 from in the FS/FT section.

Upgrading to FW3.30OE may not be the best choice at the moment, it may be safer to go with FW3.10OE or even FW3.03 until more testing and development is done on FW3.30OE.

Try your local EB games, they may have an unpatched copy.

Yep, it's a pretty fair bet to assume that all new copies have been patched, but I don't know if there's some kind of revision marking on the box to determine a used one.

Yep, it's a pretty fair bet to assume that all new copies have been patched, but I don't know if there's some kind of revision marking on the box to determine a used one.

There are ways to tell, if worse comes to worse just go there with your PSP and put the game in and see if it has FW2.00 update on it.

Yea, your best bet is to bring your PSP with you and just try it before you buy it. The guys at gamestop usually know why you're looking for it anyways. When I went, they actually called around for me to find it, since their store didn't have it.

Good luck.

Yea, your best bet is to bring your PSP with you and just try it before you buy it. The guys at gamestop usually know why you're looking for it anyways. When I went, they actually called around for me to find it, since their store didn't have it.

Good luck.

How often do people go to EB games for an unpatched copy? I think if I worked there I'd keep one on hand and help people run homebrew. non-profit of coarse.

How often do people go to EB games for an unpatched copy? I think if I worked there I'd keep one on hand and help people run homebrew. non-profit of coarse.

In my area, it seems pretty often, because out of 5 gamestops, only 1 had a used copy that was non "greatest hits", and luckily for me it was the right one. The guys from the first store knew I was buying it to homebrew my PSP, so they called around. He even called his friend that has a homebrew PSP to see if he could just let me borrow it if he still had it. :D

Damn dude, how come all the EB games around me are run by Nintendo Zealots who laugh at you the moment you say you need anything PSP.

Back