PSP Games?

Moose777

2[H]4U
My fiance and myself had gotten a PSP for ourselves for Christmas and we've got three games and one movie.

The games we have are as follows: Daxter (hers), Star Wars Battlefront II: Renegade Squadron and Alien Syndrome.

The movie we have is: Family Guy The Freakin' Sweet Episodes.

What I'm wondering is, what the hell is available for this thing?

We've had it since November (yes, it was an early X-Mas present) and we can't seem to find anything that looks even remotely interesting to play.

Why is it that Wal-Mart, Target and Best-Buy don't have anything for the PSP? A few games at best. Didn't the PSP come out in 2005 or something?

What does everyone suggest?

Depends on what you like really.

The two WipEout titles are pretty good, Final Fantasy Tactics is an awesome game, Tekken and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max if you like fighting games.

I've heard good things about Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Lumines, Jeanne d'Arc, Syphon Filter titles, Castlevania X Chronicles. Patapon and God of War coming soon.

I've probably missed a few, and those are all of different genre. I'm sure there's something in there to suit your tastes.

Well first of all, what genres are you looking for? There really is tons and tons of quality games so atleast cut down the playing field for us a bit :p

Tons of AAA games on the PSP. Get Killzone Liberation if you want to play with your wife, its a great co-op game.

What kind of games do you like?

I thought there was a sticky PSP games thread?

Well, since we're listing PSP games again...

Lumines
Locoroco
Katamari Demacy
Race Driver 2006
SOCOM
Syphon Filter
Manhunt 2
Killzone
Testdrive Unlimited
Need for Speed Carbon
Virtua Tennis
Twisted Metal
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty
Exit
Mercury
Pocket Pool

...let me know of you want more. Anybody who says the PSP doesn't have any good games doesn't know what they're talking about.

I didn't say there weren't any good games. I'm just having a lot of trouble finding a good selection of games to find in the stores.

Personally, I like FPS games. I'm not really into the whole 3rd person stuff and I was never really into the Metal Gear games or anything too micro-managy or tactical. I don't like to think when playing games. I want to blow things up and kill stuff without having to figure out a way to do it quietly. I also like Star Wars games. Things action packed pretty much.

The wifey, she likes cute stuff, puzzle games she does like Daxter so I'm also going to go ahead and say she'd like Ratchet and Clank and stuff along those lines. Also not difficult to play. We're both looking for stuff to pretty much kill a few hours with.

As for FPS games, I'm getting kind of tired of the whole WWII scene, (man, didn't think I'd ever say that.) Theres just too many of them.

I have been looking at some of the Atari type of puzzle games, can't remember their names though. Thanks for the help guys.

well....you wont find many FPS games on handhelds, the controls just dont work that well. You could try Coded Arms, but that really doesnt hold a candle to games like halo or COD4.

As for the wifey, most certainly get loco roco. Its the cutest game, and also pretty darn fun. Maybe patapon too, once it comes out.

Puzzle:
Lumines / Lumines II
Locoroco
Gunpey-R
Exit

Driving:
WipEout Pure / WipEout Pulse
Testdrive: Unlimited

Action:
Castlevania
PSX ports (tons of great options, use Popstation...)
God of War, once it comes out.

Back