PSA: Newegg shutting down GC rolling

Rolling = Buying a gift card with a gift card, typically when the new gift card has some promo attached (discount or additional promo card).

Assholes at Slickdeals cant help bragging about this so it was given. You would think a deals site would be wary of killing deals.

Assholes at Slickdeals cant help bragging about this so it was given. You would think a deals site would be wary of killing deals.

Those dudes are pretty much why I don't post deals there anymore -- that and there is so much crap on the discussion threads for a number of popular items (wild misconceptions by many). :(

Those dudes are pretty much why I don't post deals there anymore -- that and there is so much crap on the discussion threads for a number of popular items (wild misconceptions by many). :(
Discussion on the threads there has turned into complete garbage especially when it comes to any of the electronics / computer deals. Seems there is a influx of new users all the sudden causing trouble.

It's still a nice place to find deals posted but I agree that community is quite toxic. Pretty much every electronics thread there is someone calling it not a hot deal because they had got it during a price mistake or used a discount code stacked with a gift card.

I've been huge into slickdeals for a while now but people rip you a new one in the threads for literally no reason. Of course, that also happens here on occasion but over there it's constant. I like knowing what deals are out there but I try to stay out of the threads as much as possible as it's a mine field.

Anyway, Newegg GC rolling was really really sweet while it lasted.

I've been huge into slickdeals for a while now but people rip you a new one in the threads for literally no reason. Of course, that also happens here on occasion but over there it's constant. I like knowing what deals are out there but I try to stay out of the threads as much as possible as it's a mine field.

Anyway, Newegg GC rolling was really really sweet while it lasted.

Yes, very nice ROI when it worked ;)

Discussion on the threads there has turned into complete garbage especially when it comes to any of the electronics / computer deals. Seems there is a influx of new users all the sudden causing trouble.
There were so many people bashing on the Corsair Strafe keyboard deal last month... because apparently people there have no trouble spending hundreds of dollars on Lego train sets but think spending more than $10 on a keyboard is a waste of money because "it's just a keyboard"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There were so many people bashing on the Corsair Strafe keyboard deal last month... because apparently people there have no trouble spending hundreds of dollars on Lego train sets but think spending more than $10 on a keyboard is a waste of money because "it's just a keyboard"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If it's not that it's crazy price complaints that a $1000 laptop isn't being sold for $200 or given to them for free, and then that conversation nose dives into an Apple vs. PC black hole.

Back