PSA: MS has been installing the same type of data collection on 7/8.x as 10 has

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxc

Extremely [H]
If you have an issue with how much data Microsoft collects on Windows 10, MS has been sneaking the same types of data collection on 7/8.x for many months as "Important Updates" with no mention on the update information page about what each really does.

For an eye opener, open up task scheduler and see how many different data collection dumps MS has scheduled. Note that it does these even if you had previously opted out of customer experience or other data collection.

If you want to remove all that data collection crap, see this post on which KBs to remove, scheduled tasks to delete and other minor clean up:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3g7hr0/removing_telemetry_from_windows_7_and_8x/

I've been keeping up with investigating the deceiving updates for a while, but if you haven't you can clean it all up if you wish. I happened to stumble upon that post on another board and figured some here might find it useful.

Last edited:
why hasn't someone made a powershell script to nuke all this shit from orbit?

I've been keeping up with investigating the deceiving updates for a while.
Good job. Soon you'll be moving up the ranks of the Reddit Detective Agency.

Maybe PC Master Race will appoint you Sgt. of Dank Memes.

Even people in that Reddit thread think all of this is bullshit. This is like the blind leading the blind.

Even people in that Reddit thread think all of this is bullshit. This is like the blind leading the blind.
Reading comprehension and understanding how nested comments work may help get you through that thread. So far you failed to understand what is being criticized.

Reading Rainbow hint: the op is not being criticized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back