PSA: Migrate your Bethesda Account games to Steam starting today (04/27/2022).

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Just a PSA: Bethesda is sunsetting the Bethesda launcher, and starting today you can migrate any game you have on the Bethesda Launcher over to Steam.

Link to library transfer: https://bethesda.net/en/account/transfer-library

Article: https://bethesda.net/en/article/2RXxG1y000NWupPalzLblG/sunsetting-the-bethesda-net-launcher-and-migrating-to-steam#:~:text=On April 27, you will be able to migrate your,some may require manual copying.

Save Game Migration: https://help.bethesda.net/#en/answer/55036

"At this time, we expect almost all save progress to be transferable automatically or manually with the exception of Wolfenstein: Youngblood, which currently is unable to transfer and DOOM Eternal which requires additional steps to transfer. You may find updated instructions specifically for DOOM Eternal here."

Last edited:
There is no stated time limit on when you can migrate to Steam. Just wanted to point that out since the title seems alarmist at first glance. You just won't be able to play your games through the Bethesda Launcher anymore starting May 11.

I may have bought Doom Eternal CE had I known this day was coming back when it launched.

Just wanted to point that out since the title seems alarmist at first glance.

I meant more that starting today you can migrate your account. I didn't write that with the intention of alarming, and there is certainly no time-limit for this as far as I am aware but always best to do it as soon as possible.

I changed the title to better reflect how I intended it to mean.

There is no stated time limit on when you can migrate to Steam. You just won't be able to play your games through the Bethesda Launcher anymore starting May 11.
Doesn't the below quote on the FAQ suggest as much?

"Please note, that you may begin this process at any time after it becomes available, but on May 11 you will no longer be able to play your purchased games on the Bethesda.net launcher. You will not lose access to your Library on Bethesda.net on May 11, only the ability to play them on the Launcher."

"You will not lose access to your library, only the ability to play them on the launcher."

So unless you can play Bethesda Launcher games in a web browser don't they mean you lose access to the games? What does that mean that you won't lose access to your library on Bethesda.net, but simultaneously say that you can't launch them through the launcher? Don't you NEED the launcher to play the games you own, or are they suggesting you can download the games separately or something after May 11?

There is no stated time limit on when you can migrate to Steam. Just wanted to point that out since the title seems alarmist at first glance. You just won't be able to play your games through the Bethesda Launcher anymore starting May 11.
Let’s be honest. If there’s no sense of panic or urgency, a lot of people won’t do it. I for one support alarmist thread titles, including the one where it told you that if you didn’t put aluminum foil on your door handles when you’re home alone, you’re pretty much guaranteed to die.

Thanks, worked instantly. Wolfenstiein Youngblood is all I had on there.

"Please note, that you may begin this process at any time after it becomes available, but on May 11 you will no longer be able to play your purchased games on the Bethesda.net launcher. You will not lose access to your Library on Bethesda.net on May 11, only the ability to play them on the Launcher."

"You will not lose access to your library, only the ability to play them on the launcher."

So unless you can play Bethesda Launcher games in a web browser don't they mean you lose access to the games? What does that mean that you won't lose access to your library on Bethesda.net, but simultaneously say that you can't launch them through the launcher? Don't you NEED the launcher to play the games you own, or are they suggesting you can download the games separately or something after May 11?

You can still transfer to Steam and you won't be able to play your games until you do transfer to Steam. So if you hate Steam or don't want to get Steam, you can't play your games anymore. Of course, you can always get a Steam account easily if you really want to.

Worked absolutely fine for me. I actually had a bunch of classic Doom and Quake games on there that I wasn't even aware of. Good riddance to that launcher, though. Hopefully some more (especially EA's) die off, too.

I have three FO76 accounts and no idea how to go about transferring them.
I can transfer my main account to my main Steam account but idk what to do about my 2 mule accounts. I guess make 2 fake Steam accounts for transferring? Annoying.

You can still transfer your games after May 11, is what it is saying. Losing ability to play in Bethesda Launcher does not mean losing your games.

Thx for the heads up on this. Xferred 3 games I forgot I even had to Steam and then uninstalled the launcher. Yay for one less launcher

Back