PSA: Google App Store top apps $0.25!

Picked up Office Suite Pro 6. Other than that, it's mostly just crap. Nice for them to have some discounted apps, but disappointing selection at that.

Who can resist the little old lady in Granny Smith?? She swings from metal pipe with her walking cane like a Boss! She's worth 25 cents. In for 1.

Picked up Asphalt 7 and Runtastic PRO. Sort of excited about the running app. Might get the Office Suite, too.

Wondering how Runtastic compares to the mapping/tracking built into CardioTrainer....

I bit on Angry Birds Space Premium, Granny Smith, and the Ocean 3D live wallpaper.

This sale makes me GLAD I hung onto the $25 credit I got with my Nexus 7 a month ago. :D It's gonna get stretched a loooong way!

I love people bitching about a sale they weren't obligated to have. I picked up a few things, thanks.

The sale changes daily throughout the promotion for those who didn't like these offerings

New deals up. Seems to refresh every day at 10AM PST.

Bought a few games for my Nexus 7 :)

Are these going to run on my galaxy Y with single core 800mhz, 256M ram and 160M storage? Screen is 320x240.

They run on my Fascinate and it is just a little better. Either way, get them and then install them when you get a new phone.

Ocean HD and... Nothing else worth it, still, looks good.

Just got SketchBook. Love it on the iPad, and may be trading my Galaxy S3 for a Galaxy Note 2 in the future! Should go great with the stylus

I just grabbed Fifa 12 today and yesterday I grabbed Asphalt, Open Office Suite, and Angry Birds Space. Not bad for a buck. I hope Poweramp makes it on this list.

I bought TuneIn Pro full price and it's hands down totally worth it... at 25 cents it is (was) a steal. Too bad if you missed out on it.

Still 12 hours left on today's deals, noteworthy apps:

Where's My Perry (Where's My Water w/ Disney tie in)
Pool Break Pro (Fun 3D pool game)
Cut The Rope
Madden NFL 2012
Edomondo Sports/Fitness Tracker
Ski Safari
Camera Zoom FX
RealCalc Plus
Farm Invasion
Cogs (Fun and great looking puzzler)

Apparently, the list is different depending on whether or not you're signed in when you click on their banner. I was able to get a few more apps by signing out first. If you're not signed in there will be some incompatible apps, it will let you know when you go to buy.

Or maybe they were transitioning to the new list because that's all I see now..

Last edited:
Seems the TP CM9 is incompatible with Horn. :(

Is Nova Launcher Prime worth the $.25?

Edit: Yep.

Last edited:

It might work with a build.prop edit. I might try it later. I had to tell Google Play to send it to my LG G2x I no longer use just to get in on it for 25 cents.

Loving Nova Launcher Prime on my new S3... brings the stock ICS look and feel without having to root, plus incredibly snappy. Hasta la vista, TouchWiz launcher.

Loving Nova Launcher Prime on my new S3... brings the stock ICS look and feel without having to root, plus incredibly snappy. Hasta la vista, TouchWiz launcher.

Thank you for the heads up about Nova. I've been using the free version for quite a while now. Smart Tools looks awesome too.

Last edited:

tegra gpu is needed i believe. only way to buy it is to edit your build.prop. after a lot of trial and error i was able to spoof the market into thinking my touchpad was a nexus 7.

1. Clear your data in the google play app. settings -> apps -> google play store -> clear cache/data

2. download es file explorer and follow that youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cssyIE4maZY or this one http://yuwienetwork.blogspot.com/2011/12/make-unsupported-android-device-to-be.html the text version might go faster to follow along.

3. use these settings for when you change your build.prop instead of the ones in youtube video:

ro.build.id=JRN84D
ro.build.display.id=JRN84D

ro.product.model=Nexus 7
ro.product.brand=google
ro.product.name=nakasi
ro.product.device=grouper
ro.product.board=grouper
ro.product.manufacturer=asus
ro.product.locale.region=US

(this is different from the youtube video but nexus 7 has a tegra gpu so horn will think your touchpad is compatible)

also, after you save the edited build.prop it might make another file automatically a build.prop.bak or something. when i originally tried to buy horn, it always listed my original device id. but then i decided to delete that .bak file and it worked after that, detecting a nexus 7 instead. i suspect the .bak file was overriding the edited one or something.

tegra gpu is needed i believe. only way to buy it is to edit your build.prop. after a lot of trial and error i was able to spoof the market into thinking my touchpad was a nexus 7.

Thanks, I was using a Samsung phone id. I had the same problem with the Play Store not updating to show Horn so I restarted to have the new buildprop take effect and that worked fine. No need to delete the .bak this way.

Bought Horn, thought it looked neat for a mobile game. Crashes to Homescreen on launch. Lame.

Gah, don't have a device currently compatible with Horn. So stupid. For a quarter, they should let you buy it anyway.

Back