PS5 Controller cables for Remote Play on PC

I do most of my PS5 gaming with remote play at my computer desk using a USB charging cable. Unfortunately, the original cable my PS5 came with is dying and I need a replacement. I picked up a couple from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M9HLQ8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that explicitly did not work with my PC (and not reliably in other situations) in either USB 2.0 or USB 3.2 ports (tried multiple of each, of course with multiple controllers).

Would love a recommendation if anyone uses a cable for remote play.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I use my PS5 controller bluetooth with my Nvidia shield for remote play, but it should work with every adequate USB-C cable?

You need a Data cable, not just a Charging cable.

I've been using These Cables for about 8 months, switching btwn a 3.3ft, 6ft, and 10ft for connecting a DualSense to my PCs depending how much distance I need and they're all held up well, no issues. I chose them mostly because the strain relief seems like it's actually good... too many cables on Amazon to really make a detailed comparison.

Last edited:
I've been using These Cables for about 8 months, switching btwn a 3.3ft, 6ft, and 10ft for connecting a DualSense to my PCs depending how much distance I need and they're all held up well, no issues. I chose them mostly because the strain relief seems like it's actually good... too many cables on Amazon to really make a detailed comparison.
Thank you, I’ll give them a try!

Back