PS4 VR

Domingo

Fully [H]
Forgive me if this should be in the VR section. I didn't really see anything related to the PS4 VR in there.

So I got a chance to try this out over the weekend and was (mostly) really impressed. Rush of Blood and Eagle Flight and the RE7 "Kitchen" demo provided me with the VR experience I'd been hoping for.
Even my wife is excited for it, and she's mostly a casual gamer with occasional RPG addictions.

Any contrarian opinions from owners? I know some of the games are better than others, but I was pretty happy with the hardware. Anyone have issues?

Since X-mas is next week, they seem to be pretty hard to come by, but I assume stocks will pick up afterward. I'm sure my local Best Buy will probably have some returns, too. Anyone know any unusual spots to acquire one beyond the usual online stores? I'm interested in the bundles, although I'm not stuck on the idea.

I got one a few weeks ago and haven't had much time to tinker with it but my sister loves it ! From what I tried, mainly EVE and Gunjack, it's really nice & immersive. The demo from a car game was crap however, too blurry couldn't tell which side to turn until almost on the wall.
If you do not currently own a PS4, go for the Pro since VR is better for some title already on it. (I just sold mine and got a Pro, batman game has better graphics from what my friend who played it told me)

The only complaint I might have so far is the lack of tittles, but there's enough to have fun ! (Waiting for Resident Evil!)
Also, I couldn't find any game that let someone play with a remote while you have the headset on, I read it might be possible but need to dig more... might not be true.

Yeah, I have the PS4 Pro. My friend that had the VR setup sold his normal PS4 and bought a Pro. He said there were some definite differences with a few of the games, but not all of them.
I played Battlezone, Rush of Blood, Eagle Flight, and the Star Wars Battlefront VR mission. I also watched Rigs being played, but didn't play it myself.
Battlezone, Rigs, and Battlefront use the controller quite a bit. Eagle Flight uses the buttons and triggers, but I don't think the sticks did anything. You steer that one with your head.

Rush of Blood uses the Playstation Move controllers just like firing pistols. I had a total blast playing that one. It was the game that struck me as being the most immersive. The roller coaster moments also added a really fun extra element. For launch titles, I was happy. There aren't a ton of games yet, but there are probably just as many as most new consoles launch with. RE7 is one I'll be torn over. I want the PC version since it's supposed to be a killer port...but that seems like the ultimate VR game, too. I might end up buying that one twice if the game is actually good.

I have the PS4 Pro and the PSVR. It's a great thing, but too few games right now that are re-playable. Don't think i've used it once in the last couple weeks. Rush of Blood is great, Infinite Warfare VR demo is rock solid and fun as hell. It's definitely a great VR solution and am looking forward to Ace Combat 7, Resident Evil 7, and Gran Turismo Sport on it.

I played it for a while and liked it, but I had a real issue with the text. The text was fuzzy to me, making it hard to read. No amount of adjusting got it right. I just played the demo disc and liked it, but I would wait for a killer app and for HDR passthrough support. Hopefully they'll release a refreshed version in a couple years.

I got one a few weeks ago and haven't had much time to tinker with it but my sister loves it ! From what I tried, mainly EVE and Gunjack, it's really nice & immersive. The demo from a car game was crap however, too blurry couldn't tell which side to turn until almost on the wall.
If you do not currently own a PS4, go for the Pro since VR is better for some title already on it. (I just sold mine and got a Pro, batman game has better graphics from what my friend who played it told me)

The only complaint I might have so far is the lack of tittles, but there's enough to have fun ! (Waiting for Resident Evil!)
Also, I couldn't find any game that let someone play with a remote while you have the headset on, I read it might be possible but need to dig more... might not be true.
One can definitely never have enough tittles.

I picked one up at launch. There are some really good titles. Ive been playing Thumper a ton, and the Xwing VR addon for Battlefront is pretty cool. Also a pinball game just got launched and its pretty awesome to be able to stand in an arcade room, virtually, and feel like you are playing at a real pinball table. I have the PS4 Pro also for it. Looking forward to see what else shows up.

At this point, I'm just trying to get my hands on one. I have NowInStock running while I'm at work, but no major retailers have had any in the last 24 hours.
It seems like the bundles were a 1-time thing as nobody has had any in weeks. I'm hoping to roll into Best Buy on 12/26 or 12/27 and snag one that someone returns.

I picked one up at launch. There are some really good titles. Ive been playing Thumper a ton, and the Xwing VR addon for Battlefront is pretty cool. Also a pinball game just got launched and its pretty awesome to be able to stand in an arcade room, virtually, and feel like you are playing at a real pinball table. I have the PS4 Pro also for it. Looking forward to see what else shows up.

It is upsetting that I have to own Battlefront to play the X-Wing thing. The Infinite Warfare VR thing was free and didn't need the full game, so why should this?

The Battlefront VR mission definitely isn't worth buying the full game for. At least if you aren't interested in the rest of the game. It's about 10-minutes long and there isn't much to it. The graphics are also a far cry from Rush of Blood, Rigs, Eagle Flight, etc. I think it's mainly just a fun freebie for people that already owned the game.

Yay! I managed to find one at my local Wal-Mart. In spite of their website saying they have no stock anywhere, they actually had several. I was even able to get one of the launch bundles, which is essentially like getting the PS4 camera and VR Worlds for free.

Anyone have an opinion on the various charging stands?

Yay! I managed to find one at my local Wal-Mart. In spite of their website saying they have no stock anywhere, they actually had several. I was even able to get one of the launch bundles, which is essentially like getting the PS4 camera and VR Worlds for free.

Anyone have an opinion on the various charging stands?

One of two I would get (or both if you have joystick controllers for the Move)

Either this: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-S...8-13&keywords=playstation+move+charge+station

or this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041RWIGW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I personally have the second one which is just to charge the move controllers. The first one I had considered but I don't have room for it. My PSVR HMD just sits on top of my PS4 Pro where it's fine.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
LOL...and after a few weeks of a friend of mine never being able to get HDCP 2.2 to work, I now know why.
The Playstation VR's HDMI pass-through doesn't support it. What an oversight.

It is upsetting that I have to own Battlefront to play the X-Wing thing. The Infinite Warfare VR thing was free and didn't need the full game, so why should this?

Yeah and there's no reason to by Battlefront now that it's free with EA Access. Sony really dropped the ball on that one.

Where is everyone keeping their headset? I don't have any room for it by the PS4, the rack isn't tall enough so it just sits on a table next to the TV. There don't seem to be any decent stands for it and the PS backed one looks like a $50 POS.

I got one of the charging stations as a gift, so have that sitting on a small cabinet that I normally store all my controllers and accessories in.

Back