• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PS4 Rant!!!

I'd rather not keep my slow PS3 around just for DLNA streaming when I think the PS4 should do it as well. There are plenty of people I would gladly give my PS3 to, however I keep it hooked up to to watch one or two videos a weekend.
 
Last edited:
Previous model? You mean previous generation. So my Macbook Pro from 2004 and all its features should be offered on my Macbook Pro in 2013? What electronics bubble do you live in? I guess I better fire off an email to Apple about that missing firewire port :rolleyes:

The next gen critical offense force is in full effect it seems.

Whining about a feature that will be added in the coming months when the platform was just released less than a month ago totally warrants itself ... yea. To make matters even more trivial the individual I was responding to already has a PS3 capable of doing DLNA just fine. Is something horrible going to happen between now and when the PS4 has DLNA patched in that makes it impossible to wait for? The worst case? His PS3 stops working during that time frame. The humanity..

Godmachine, just stop. Your comments are silly especially in light of the continuing and growing issues with PS4 and Sony.
 
Previous model? You mean previous generation. So my Macbook Pro from 2004 and all its features should be offered on my Macbook Pro in 2013? What electronics bubble do you live in? I guess I better fire off an email to Apple about that missing firewire port :rolleyes:

The next gen critical offense force is in full effect it seems.

Whining about a feature that will be added in the coming months when the platform was just released less than a month ago totally warrants itself ... yea. To make matters even more trivial the individual I was responding to already has a PS3 capable of doing DLNA just fine. Is something horrible going to happen between now and when the PS4 has DLNA patched in that makes it impossible to wait for? The worst case? His PS3 stops working during that time frame. The humanity..

Well, I would assume that your Macbook Pro from 2004 could connect to a local network and play media from it. I'm also willing to bet that it played music CDs and MP3 files.

These features are still very relevant to this day, yet are lacking. You may not feel they are important, and that's fine, but I don't agree. I purchased the PS4 to replace my PS3, not to have the PS3 outshine it in the most basic of media tasks.
 
I've no doubt DLNA will come to PS4/XB1.

What really bugs me is an XBMC/Plex client never will, because of these companies opposition to anything which can play mkv. And it'd be trivial to port to these consoles, because they are now x86.
 
I've no doubt DLNA will come to PS4/XB1.

What really bugs me is an XBMC/Plex client never will, because of these companies opposition to anything which can play mkv. And it'd be trivial to port to these consoles, because they are now x86.

This is totally off topic but if you have a chromecast they just added plex support and a few other near things.

I agree though if live to see this stuff standard on any big device like Xbox and PlayStation
 
Godmachine, just stop. Your comments are silly especially in light of the continuing and growing issues with PS4 and Sony.

Care to elaborate upon "continuing and growing issues with PS4 and Sony"? Those kinds of comments tend to make one thing that you maybe biased in this situation.

Mine seems to work just fine..

And don't tell me to "stop" this is a forum and if you can voice your opinion then so can I.
 
I'd rather not keep my slow PS3 around just for DLNA streaming when I think the PS4 should do it as well. There are plenty of people I would gladly give my PS3 to, however I keep it hooked up to to watch one or two videos a weekend.

Agreed its annoying but its hardly a system "breaking" launch issue. Its not as if Sony said "Nope you'll never get this feature , never ever ever ever...".

I keep my PS3 not only for DLNA usage but for going back and playing some of my favorite games on the system personally.
 
Who the heck buys a machine on a maybe we might have this. I consider this to be one of the most disturbing trends in America. Its like everyone is just cool with public betas now. Well you know they might add keyboard mouse support, they didn't say they wouldn't. lol Do people go out and buy a car and say well they might update the software to get better gas mileage in the future.

Buy the product for what it is now, if it doesn't do what you want don't buy it, that's how a company gets motivated to fill in the features not the other way around.
 
I'm fine with paying for the PSN service if it means better features and services. I actually enjoy some of the free games from the Plus network. Besides Xbox Live has been doing it way before PS4 came out.

I got in on the deal for the $30 yearly PS Plus cards, bought couple and should last me for 2 years. Will buy again in two years' black friday if needed/wanted by then.
 
This is totally off topic but if you have a chromecast they just added plex support and a few other near things.

Roku's boxes do PLEX and channels like IGN with over a hundred other channels, most are free too. I like using the Roku for IGN over subbing on PS3 youtube. Sometimes IGN talks about some irreverent movie instead of games, and that just slows down my sub browsing on Youtube.

It would be great if PLEX had an app for PS3&PS4. (It won't EVER if I had to bet kinda like how they dropped Linux support on PS3) I just use UMS to play laptop video,pic,music files and stream them Wi-Fi to my PS3 in the living room, and a Roku in the bedroom, which I find is a good combo.

I saw Roku's 2 for 49.99 on Black Friday lol! I paid 99.99 for one on Amazon, oh well I wouldn't have liked to wait 11 months for the deal anyway. I want to try out that Chromecast it looks versatile, but Google is a unpredictable company and I don't trust them.

Every console NEEDS most of these features imo. PS3 does Netflix/AmazonPrime/redboxinstant/Crackle/Youtube/Vudu/UniversalMediaServer/Blu-Ray/DVD/MP3/CD/JPEG I just look at it like it's a super duper Blu-Ray player that plays some games also lol, heck 199.99 bundle with TLoU and Batman Origins and all these apps what's not to love?

Anyhow I hope the PS4 down the line does more than this PS3 is doing, if they pull it off... just speechless...for a couple days at least heehee.
 
Care to elaborate upon "continuing and growing issues with PS4 and Sony"? Those kinds of comments tend to make one thing that you maybe biased in this situation.

Mine seems to work just fine..

Growing issues like news in the forum just about every week since it has been out. Are you living under a rock? The only bias here is yours. I am speaking about problems with a system and you keep trying to pretend people aren't having them just because 'you' don't have them. I happen to own a PS3, may buy the PS4 still, doesn't mean I don't have a reason to be upset about what they are doing. I am a consumer, I am upset with how they have treated myself and others and how they continue to mess things up.

And don't tell me to "stop" this is a forum and if you can voice your opinion then so can I.

Lol, you can go on if you want, just looks foolish when you continue to be such a blinded fanboy and try to minimize other people's issues.
 
Growing issues like news in the forum just about every week since it has been out. Are you living under a rock? The only bias here is yours. I am speaking about problems with a system and you keep trying to pretend people aren't having them just because 'you' don't have them. I happen to own a PS3, may buy the PS4 still, doesn't mean I don't have a reason to be upset about what they are doing. I am a consumer, I am upset with how they have treated myself and others and how they continue to mess things up.

Let's see some links to this mysterious and huge news that is happening right now and wasn't some launch day based story? Seems most people are pretty happy with their launch consoles (outside of them both being rushed). You act as if 50 percent of PS4 owners are dealing with systems setting themselves on fire or something. The issue you are trying to create into a mountain is in fact an ant hill.

Lol, you can go on if you want, just looks foolish when you continue to be such a blinded fanboy and try to minimize other people's issues.

Again , I've seen maybe one or two threads here and probably a few randomly on sites I visit. You are blowing whatever standard launch issues are for almost any console into some incredibly serious problem on the caliber of say Battlefield 4 being a giant buggy mess.

.5 percent (since that is the latest and most accurate figure) is not a "massive" issue. .5 percent (probably lower actually) of test subjects in generally any random drug research study probably die when they elect to test a drug sometimes , does the FDA suddenly ban that drug forever? No , they include this in the list of know side effects and as an event that happened as the result of testing said drug. If that percentage is good enough to release medicine on I'm pretty sure in the electronics world its a pretty acceptable number as well for failed electronics. Most people , if they actually bothered to read up on side effects of the drugs they take , would be shocked to know not only what kind of nasty effects have happened during testing and even death. Does this stop them from taking it? In general nope.

You seem absolutely certain that there is a huge growing problem with the PS4 when in fact there is not. There is also not a huge problem with the Xbox One if that clears up any confusion concerning my supposed preference when in fact I have none. There really isn't a solid reason to own either next console while we are on the topic as well. I happen to be an early adopter of tech so I don't mind shelling out and being a beta tester in this circumstance. So when something goes wrong I don't bitch about it , I would just do the logical thing and send in my system for repair and move on with my life. Its a video game system its not life or death..

In the future both consoles will be looked back upon and considered quite successful launches. I can't think of a console launch where regular stock was easily found either in recent memory (Wii U probably). I've seen the PS4 for sale at Target and the Xbox One on Amazon a few times since launch. It took my cousin almost 6+ months to get a Wii when it came out and it took me almost a month to get an Xbox 360 when it came out.

You can call me a fanboy or whatever label you feel fits me , doesn't make your ant hill any larger than it currently is.
 
Last edited:
Hey look I see Godmachine is making friends again :)

Hey but yeah, we are all just a bunch of sensitive gamers and when someone says your system sucks, we just seem to freak the flip out haha. That's half the fun of gaming right there folks! Some people think it isn't but it is Francis Boogie makes a living off of it, and that guy eats WELL haha!
 
It's like were all arguing over pizza (PS3), cheesburger (XBOX1) or taco (Wii). What is better and why lol. It's just tastes. Good times.
 
It's like were all arguing over pizza (PS3), cheesburger (XBOX1) or taco (Wii). What is better and why lol. It's just tastes. Good times.

...Teletran, either you need to be checked into a hospital, or you have been taken over by a body snatcher. Either way, it's an improvement.
 
It's like were all arguing over pizza (PS3), cheesburger (XBOX1) or taco (Wii). What is better and why lol. It's just tastes. Good times.

I love tacos, fuck you for saying anything otherwise!! GOBBLE GOBBLE
 
What does the 1.52 update do anything special? I can't find a link to what the update was for. Two years from now the hardrive will be full up updates alone.
 
90% of everything people complained about in this thread would've been solved by buying a PC. Dont give me that exclusives bullshit as a reason for buying a console. Its bad buisness practice and forces people into buying inferior products.
 
90% of everything people complained about in this thread would've been solved by buying a PC. Dont give me that exclusives bullshit as a reason for buying a console. Its bad buisness practice and forces people into buying inferior products.

I upgraded mine instead of getting a new console. Don't regret it a bit.
 
Reading a lot of these replies are funny. Keep in mind guys I'm solely a PC gamer. Remember, my ROOMATE bid and paid over 500 dollars for this gaming system. He's not much of a gamer. BUT he does play Madden every year. I told him that's a ridiculously steep price to pay to have updated rosters but he wanted it. His money what do I care. I'm sure there will be PS4 exclusives that i'll absolutely have to have but I'm a patient person and would wait until I could pick up a used copy. No way will I pay 60 dollars for a video game anymore. It's already bad enough they nickel and dime us to death with DLC's, exclusives, bonuses, packs, a fucking special gun, etc. etc. etc.
 
What I don't understand is how consumers put up with needing a PSN+ subscription to use Netflix or Hulu. That seems insane to me and is one of the primary reasons why I will not be buying a PS4 or XB1 (which needs Live).
 
What I don't understand is how consumers put up with needing a PSN+ subscription to use Netflix or Hulu. That seems insane to me and is one of the primary reasons why I will not be buying a PS4 or XB1 (which needs Live).

You don't need PS+ to use Netflix or Hulu. Even Twitch streaming.
 
You don't need PS+ to use Netflix or Hulu. Even Twitch streaming.

Zing!

One of the best arguments for a PS4 honestly if you are choosing between the systems. Microsoft has yet to provide a solid reason why a pay wall is required to use apps that are free to use on every other platform. And I seriously doubt they will drop this requirement as its been as issue for the Xbox 360 across the entire life of the console so far (well when Netflix instant became available for consoles).
 
Reading a lot of these replies are funny. Keep in mind guys I'm solely a PC gamer. Remember, my ROOMATE bid and paid over 500 dollars for this gaming system. He's not much of a gamer. BUT he does play Madden every year. I told him that's a ridiculously steep price to pay to have updated rosters but he wanted it. His money what do I care. I'm sure there will be PS4 exclusives that i'll absolutely have to have but I'm a patient person and would wait until I could pick up a used copy. No way will I pay 60 dollars for a video game anymore. It's already bad enough they nickel and dime us to death with DLC's, exclusives, bonuses, packs, a fucking special gun, etc. etc. etc.

Solely a pc guy yet recommends xbox one over PS4. Wut.
 
What I don't understand is how consumers put up with needing a PSN+ subscription to use Netflix or Hulu. That seems insane to me and is one of the primary reasons why I will not be buying a PS4 or XB1 (which needs Live).

You've been sadly missinformed
 
One of the best arguments for a PS4 honestly if you are choosing between the systems. Microsoft has yet to provide a solid reason why a pay wall is required to use apps that are free to use on every other platform. And I seriously doubt they will drop this requirement as its been as issue for the Xbox 360 across the entire life of the console so far (well when Netflix instant became available for consoles).

At least Microsoft doesn't bombard you with ads for Xbox live anytime you do anything online with them. PS+ needs to stop trying to sell me the service when I already have the service, I know the prices for 1 month, 3 month and 12 month subs, stop putting the prices and links to re-subscribe all over my PS3 and PS4. And speed up your downloads, it shouldn't take me a full day to download 40 GB worth of "free" PS+ games on my PS3.
 
I upgraded and bought a PS4, they are not mutually exclusive...

This. exactly what i think when i hear PC only people trashing consoles. Not my fault they cant enjoy gaming on multiple platforms.
 
At least Microsoft doesn't bombard you with ads for Xbox live anytime you do anything online with them. PS+ needs to stop trying to sell me the service when I already have the service, I know the prices for 1 month, 3 month and 12 month subs, stop putting the prices and links to re-subscribe all over my PS3 and PS4. And speed up your downloads, it shouldn't take me a full day to download 40 GB worth of "free" PS+ games on my PS3.

While I'm all for any Sony bashing, Microsoft is at least kinda guilty about advertising Xbox Live subscription services all around.
 
And boom...let the PS4 update to 1.52. Screen goes dark on the TV and the console is just flashing a blue line. Been doing this for around 2 hours now. Fuck.


edit...got tired of it and held the power button for 15 seconds. Turned it back on and I guess its in safe mode or something. Im downloading the update now...crossing my fingers.


Edit edit... It updated...relief!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top