• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PS4 Rant!!!

I imagine you don't understand how many good deals are available with the PS+ this week/month + BL2 later this month.

11091235635_4902a95a94_z.jpg


Week 1 Holiday sale
Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Defiance $2.50 $4.99
Defiance Deluxe Edition $7.50 $14.99
Army Of Two The Devil’s Cartel $7.50 $14.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $20.99 $29.99
Remember Me $19.19 $23.99
Terraria $3.75 $7.49
Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch $9.79 $13.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn $10.00 $19.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collectors Edition $15.00 $29.99
Rocksmith 2014 $29.39 $41.99


Also Sony is trying to control 4k Movies and do digital distribution, but that will take years or decades imho. But it's also a guess, kind of like your conspiracy theory on all games for PS4 going 100% digital in the near future or whatever.

The FB in me says nah they are just out-marketing their competition with better game selection, sales and keeping their security tight for PS4 this go round. I prefer options. So as long as their still all on the table. So why get mad at a better product than they had before, plus better over all of the competitions? You can always get non online player games, seems like something a COD/BF only gamer from ps3 era would be mad at their 50.00 a year extra cost to go online with PS4 now for COD/BF/DCUO etc. You do have a point that the free games could be unlikable, but I truly think they have a great experience and it's worth the 50 or 30 if you got a BF sub card. It could backfire but right now I don't see it, in fact I see the opposite of what your theorizing on. The grumpy guy in me wants to say their all shit games also haha!

I understand it pretty well. Sony is going to spend this first year trying hard to give great value with PS+ and lock people into their ecosystem. And yes that is going to be for digital games, the real way they take the used game market out. They just weren't stupid enough to say it, but their goal is exactly the same as MS.

PS+ on PS3 was better than XBL as far as free games etc.. But um so what lol? They had to be because they had not yet forced people to buy PS+ so why on earth would anyone buy it except for the free games? I am just saying watch over time how this changes now that PS+ is required for MP and people feel obligated to pay to keep their old free games.

I don't track all the games but I know for sure that Terraria pretty much always goes on sale for 2.49 on steam, so with Sony I am paying $50 for PS+ so I can buy a game more expensive. Not really impressed. What I don't get is why you think PS+ is a better product now, what they do the same thing they did before but now force PS+ for MP, how is that better?
 
I'd rather pay $50 a year to rent a bunch of games instead of buying them at the store then eating shit when I get rid of them. The only thing I play online is sports games and call of duty and I buy those every year anyways. With PS+ I get to try different games that I would probably never buy some of them were really good tio
 
I'd rather pay $50 a year to rent a bunch of games instead of buying them at the store then eating shit when I get rid of them. The only thing I play online is sports games and call of duty and I buy those every year anyways. With PS+ I get to try different games that I would probably never buy some of them were really good tio

While having PS+ gave me the option to try out a lot of games, the trials were limited, and the overal PS+ experience was still far below that of the XBL. In addition, there were may problems with the PS+ service. Hopefully that will be fixed more with the PS4 and they will put a lot more into making it a better experience, especially because you are forced to buy it now. We will have to see.

And yes that is going to be for digital games, the real way they take the used game market out. They just weren't stupid enough to say it, but their goal is exactly the same as MS.

Pretty much this. People keep lauding Sony like they are some bright light in all this mess. But really they are just paying lip service to people that didn't like MS honesty. However, people are just flocking to the lies and misinformation from Sony. They have already shown that in small areas, but it gets glossed over by the fanboism. They lied out their asses about PS3, but somehow people think this time will be different?
 
While having PS+ gave me the option to try out a lot of games, the trials were limited, and the overal PS+ experience was still far below that of the XBL. In addition, there were may problems with the PS+ service. Hopefully that will be fixed more with the PS4 and they will put a lot more into making it a better experience, especially because you are forced to buy it now. We will have to see.



Pretty much this. People keep lauding Sony like they are some bright light in all this mess. But really they are just paying lip service to people that didn't like MS honesty. However, people are just flocking to the lies and misinformation from Sony. They have already shown that in small areas, but it gets glossed over by the fanboism. They lied out their asses about PS3, but somehow people think this time will be different?

WHAT? First, what limited trials? PS+ gives you full unlimited games every month. What lies and misinformation? Only misinformation I see is this post.
 
Pretty much this. People keep lauding Sony like they are some bright light in all this mess. But really they are just paying lip service to people that didn't like MS honesty. However, people are just flocking to the lies and misinformation from Sony. They have already shown that in small areas, but it gets glossed over by the fanboism. They lied out their asses about PS3, but somehow people think this time will be different?

What did they lie "out their asses" about on the PS3?
 
WHAT? First, what limited trials? PS+ gives you full unlimited games every month. What lies and misinformation? Only misinformation I see is this post.

As in, they offer some free games every month, but sometimes they are only for a limited time. So you can play them for a week or 2 weeks or a month, but not forever. Lies and misinformation about not requiring a internet connection, but then you do. They initially said awhile before the system debuted you wouldn't need a PS+ account, then that changed, the day one patch to use the Blu-Ray drive, resetting PS+ accounts without informing anyone, etc. With the PS3 one of the main attractions was them giving people the ability to install Linux on it and offering some scant support for it, then they locked that out. They changed the ToS on PS+ a few times, they screwed up the online service many times, they were hacked a number of times and tried to lie about it twice, etc.

Sony has a long history of misinformation on many of their products, not jus the Playstation. It isn't like any of this is new. They say all the glittering things you want to hear, then they just change their policy overnight once you are locked in. I hope they continue to live up to all the things they say and they make the PS+ experience better, but I am not holding my breath on it.
 
Allowing Linux on the system, security on PS+, ToS on PS+, the power of the system compared to the 360, etc.

OtherOS was being primarily used as to hack the console. People abusing it are what got it taken away for everyone.
 
OtherOS was being primarily used as to hack the console. People abusing it are what got it taken away for everyone.

But Sony specifically said it was going to be a feature anyone could use on the PS3. That was a primary reason for a lot of people buying it, including huge contracts with certain companies and the government using the PS3 in a distributed format with linux on it.

Using the excuse of people abusing it, does not negate the fact they took away a feature they publically listed to begin with.
 
PS+ on PS3 was better than XBL as far as free games etc.. But um so what lol? They had to be because they had not yet forced people to buy PS+ so why on earth would anyone buy it except for the free games? I am just saying watch over time how this changes now that PS+ is required for MP and people feel obligated to pay to keep their old free games.

I don't track all the games but I know for sure that Terraria pretty much always goes on sale for 2.49 on steam, so with Sony I am paying $50 for PS+ so I can buy a game more expensive. Not really impressed. What I don't get is why you think PS+ is a better product now, what they do the same thing they did before but now force PS+ for MP, how is that better?

Are you crazy? $50, not even counting frequent deals, gets you at least $300-400 worth of AAA titles. If you think Sony wasn't losing money on PS+ you're very wrong. And that's just NA, the EA PS+ was insane value.

They are charging for it now because the MP will use much more bandwidth due to live streaming/sharing. MS never offered any features beyond party chat.

Sony could've just said, pay us $50 for MP, and to use IE, HBO, Netflix or anything which needs Internet even though we don't spend a cent, like MS.
 
Anyone who thinks PS+ isn't a good deal needs to get their head checked
 
Nothing will save you more money than PlayStation Plus if you play a lot of games. That's a fact. If people were smart they would just buy it every black-friday/cyber-monday for $29.99.
 
Nothing will save you more money than PlayStation Plus if you play a lot of games. That's a fact.

thats not a fact. I already owned 90% of the games on PS Plus, including their weekly discounts, and beyond that i have no interest in the others
 
Are you crazy? $50, not even counting frequent deals, gets you at least $300-400 worth of AAA titles. If you think Sony wasn't losing money on PS+ you're very wrong. And that's just NA, the EA PS+ was insane value.

They are charging for it now because the MP will use much more bandwidth due to live streaming/sharing. MS never offered any features beyond party chat.

Sony could've just said, pay us $50 for MP, and to use IE, HBO, Netflix or anything which needs Internet even though we don't spend a cent, like MS.

It only gets me that much in AAA titles if I actually want to play all those titles AND I was stupid enough to pay FULL MSRP for those titles. I can't honestly think of 1 friend of mine that fits in that category. It also means in order to keep the titles I must continue to pay for PS+ forever. So is the value still good? If it is for you great but for me not a chance its a horrible deal.

I never said anything about SONYs financials on PS+ I simply said that in reality they were forced to offer these deals so they could actually build any momentum given how far behind they were software wise.

UM MP uses bandwidth no matter what who cares, what exactly does that have to do with anything. I don't even have a clue what your logic is here.

Sony couldn't say to pay us for everything because they gained too much in PS4 sales. But during the PS3 they made multiple promises they back tracked on. Backwards compatibility anyone? Linux on PS3s anyone? But if you are a fan boy you are going to keep arguing that SONY is better but once they get a good sales lead watch all that shit dry up and disappear.
 
It only gets me that much in AAA titles if I actually want to play all those titles AND I was stupid enough to pay FULL MSRP for those titles. I can't honestly think of 1 friend of mine that fits in that category. It also means in order to keep the titles I must continue to pay for PS+ forever. So is the value still good? If it is for you great but for me not a chance its a horrible deal.

I never said anything about SONYs financials on PS+ I simply said that in reality they were forced to offer these deals so they could actually build any momentum given how far behind they were software wise.

UM MP uses bandwidth no matter what who cares, what exactly does that have to do with anything. I don't even have a clue what your logic is here.

Sony couldn't say to pay us for everything because they gained too much in PS4 sales. But during the PS3 they made multiple promises they back tracked on. Backwards compatibility anyone? Linux on PS3s anyone? But if you are a fan boy you are going to keep arguing that SONY is better but once they get a good sales lead watch all that shit dry up and disappear.

Seriously, the Linux was a non-issue outside of people doing research who were not required to upgrade.

PS+ is of GREAT value to me and all my friends, to each their own.
 
Seriously, the Linux was a non-issue outside of people doing research who were not required to upgrade.

You mean those people and all the consumers who wanted to create a linux machine themselves, which was a much larger number than you may think. It was very definitely not a non-issue.
 
You mean those people and all the consumers who wanted to create a linux machine themselves, which was a much larger number than you may think. It was very definitely not a non-issue.

Got any numbers to support it? I would LOVE to see the numbers of users who actively used Linux outside of research.

I've asked this years ago before it was taken out, and have yet to see a real number.
 
Got any numbers to support it? I would LOVE to see the numbers of users who actively used Linux outside of research.

I've asked this years ago before it was taken out, and have yet to see a real number.

And where would one compile such a list of numbers to satisfy you? What does it matter either? Just because it does not affect you, does not mean it does not affect others. It also most certainly does not change the fact that Sony went back on their statements and took away a feature they said they would provide.
 
I understand it pretty well. Sony is going to spend this first year trying hard to give great value with PS+ and lock people into their ecosystem. And yes that is going to be for digital games, the real way they take the used game market out. They just weren't stupid enough to say it, but their goal is exactly the same as MS.

PS+ on PS3 was better than XBL as far as free games etc.. But um so what lol? They had to be because they had not yet forced people to buy PS+ so why on earth would anyone buy it except for the free games? I am just saying watch over time how this changes now that PS+ is required for MP and people feel obligated to pay to keep their old free games.

I don't track all the games but I know for sure that Terraria pretty much always goes on sale for 2.49 on steam, so with Sony I am paying $50 for PS+ so I can buy a game more expensive. Not really impressed. What I don't get is why you think PS+ is a better product now, what they do the same thing they did before but now force PS+ for MP, how is that better?

Apparently you dont understand. PS+ has been this good for 2 years and only bringing more and more value. I have absolutely no issues paying for this service. I almost compare it to my amazon prime sub as far as value goes.
 
Apparently you dont understand. PS+ has been this good for 2 years and only bringing more and more value. I have absolutely no issues paying for this service. I almost compare it to my amazon prime sub as far as value goes.

I wouldn't say it has been that good for 2 years, but it has been good the last 6 months or so. Prior to that the games weren't as good and the service is still not always reliable. But I do think they are on the right path.
 
Keep arguing over who you're going to pay money so that you can play a multiplayer game online lol
 
Got any numbers to support it? I would LOVE to see the numbers of users who actively used Linux outside of research.

I've asked this years ago before it was taken out, and have yet to see a real number.

Show me some real numbers on the people that used DLNA...I want to see a real number.

Guess until we get that, we don't need DLNA...

I used otherOS thought it was cool to mess around with, then it was taken away :)

BTW, I love Sony, and have 2x PS4's...lol I just am saying that this specific arguement is a good one. Do I think that his whole overall point is correct? No...PS+ is awesome :)
 
I just sold my ps4 with ghosts and profited $100 on the deal. The franerate issues with ghosts drove me crazy. I loved the system os and controller so I'll be back when NBA 2k15 comes out
 
Show me some real numbers on the people that used DLNA...I want to see a real number.

Guess until we get that, we don't need DLNA...

I used otherOS thought it was cool to mess around with, then it was taken away :)

BTW, I love Sony, and have 2x PS4's...lol I just am saying that this specific arguement is a good one. Do I think that his whole overall point is correct? No...PS+ is awesome :)

I for one am pissed that there isn't any DLNA support. I couldn't care less about Linux support, but why the hell would you not include such features as MP3/CD Audio playback and DLNA on the successor to a console that did both of these things?

Not sure on numbers, but Sony received enough backlash that they are supposedly bringing these two features back soon.
 
I for one am pissed that there isn't any DLNA support. I couldn't care less about Linux support, but why the hell would you not include such features as MP3/CD Audio playback and DLNA on the successor to a console that did both of these things?

Not sure on numbers, but Sony received enough backlash that they are supposedly bringing these two features back soon.

Hopefully, I used all those features. I used the OtherOS originally to create a media box, then when that was taken away, I went back to just using the regular for media playback. I hooked it up to my media server and watched my shows through it. I think its a big mistake for Sony to isolate those using the PS4 as a media center. It was the reason I selected the PS3 over the Xbox last time around.
 
And where would one compile such a list of numbers to satisfy you? What does it matter either? Just because it does not affect you, does not mean it does not affect others. It also most certainly does not change the fact that Sony went back on their statements and took away a feature they said they would provide.

Hey, you brought up numbers. So I would love to see it regardless.

I would imagine a small fraction of a fraction. Would love to see where people are saying a large group of users have some concrete numbers other than just throwing it out there for the sake of argument.
 
PS4 does charge for online now, yes. Same for XB1, but the WiiU is free.
 
I for one am pissed that there isn't any DLNA support. I couldn't care less about Linux support, but why the hell would you not include such features as MP3/CD Audio playback and DLNA on the successor to a console that did both of these things?

Not sure on numbers, but Sony received enough backlash that they are supposedly bringing these two features back soon.

yah, if it doesnt come out by the end of the year my ps4 is going on sale.
 
Hey, you brought up numbers. So I would love to see it regardless.

I would imagine a small fraction of a fraction. Would love to see where people are saying a large group of users have some concrete numbers other than just throwing it out there for the sake of argument.

I said a lot of people complained, because they did, vocally in forums all over the place. I didn't spout off numbers. You can imagine all you want, it doesn't change what is and obviously it wasn't for the sake of argument, since others here have mentioned the exact same thing and other issues. What you are doing is for the sake of argument.
 
DLNA missing is kinda a big deal and they need to add it in and Xbox one needs to as well all you have there is the play to option from your PC.
 
DLNA missing is kinda a big deal and they need to add it in and Xbox one needs to as well all you have there is the play to option from your PC.

Seriously? How many streaming devices do you have in your home?

Do you still own your PS3?

Frankly I do not care about DLNA. I have about 3 other devices that can still do it.

My TV , my receiver , my PS3 , my Xbox 360 , my HTPC , my Roxio and so on.
 
Seriously? How many streaming devices do you have in your home?

Do you still own your PS3?

Frankly I do not care about DLNA. I have about 3 other devices that can still do it.

My TV , my receiver , my PS3 , my Xbox 360 , my HTPC , my Roxio and so on.

Switching devices is a pain in the ass.
 
Seriously? How many streaming devices do you have in your home?

Do you still own your PS3?

Frankly I do not care about DLNA. I have about 3 other devices that can still do it.

My TV , my receiver , my PS3 , my Xbox 360 , my HTPC , my Roxio and so on.

Seriously? Yeah! I have four rooms with gaming equipment the PS4 is replacing the PS3 in one room and I want to move the PS3 to another so it replaces a Sony standalone player in that room which streams but has no DNLA. If I really have to explain or justify my use to anyone here.
 
Seriously? Yeah! I have four rooms with gaming equipment the PS4 is replacing the PS3 in one room and I want to move the PS3 to another so it replaces a Sony standalone player in that room which streams but has no DNLA. If I really have to explain or justify my use to anyone here.

You're on a forum , expect to have to justify yourself from time to time when you offer an opinion. You proposed the grudge against the lack of DLNA , I'm simply saying its not a day one critical feature. It wasn't a day one critical feature when the PS3 or Xbox 360 launched and now that so MANY devices support it is understandable why they thought it could be added later and chose to focus on other day one features that were more critical. Sony made it clear from the get go that the PS4 is not the big media center the PS3 was and that its focus was games.

It sounds like its more a convenience and less of a console day one required issue.

Considering we all know the consoles were rushed I would rather have it in its current stable state then take a chance because of a last minute feature being added that might have caused system instability.

I'm sure you'll have DLNA in the coming months and we'll get external storage support pretty soon as well and eventually many more features we want. Sony has already said its in the cards. I would hardly classify it as a required feature at launch.
 
You're on a forum , expect to have to justify yourself from time to time when you offer an opinion. You proposed the grudge against the lack of DLNA , I'm simply saying its not a day one critical feature.

Wait...what?!?! Your sir, are on a forum. You should justify yourself calling out someone who is talking about a missing feature. A feature that was on their previous model. Why should we expect a newer model to come out without it? Why are we all of a sudden so forgiving about missing features on devices coming out? Remember this is [H]ard not }S{oft. The amount of apologists here is ridiculous. And then to call someone else out in the name of the forum who is talking about a missing feature? :rolleyes:

Also what does it matter what other devices can do it? Perhaps they do not want to use a bunch of other devices to do it? Technology should move forward, not backward.
 
Backwards compatibility was a feature on the previous launch model as well, I'd rather have that then DLNA to begin with. At least DLNA can be added in a future firmware, I have to keep a PS3 around forever for backwards compatibility.
 
Backwards compatibility was a feature on the previous launch model as well, I'd rather have that then DLNA to begin with. At least DLNA can be added in a future firmware, I have to keep a PS3 around forever for backwards compatibility.

Yar, agreed, B/C would've been a huge feature set for me (since I opted out of getting a PS3 for the last generation), and if the PS4 had b/c, there's a good chance I wouldn't have cancelled my preorder. Even if the PS4 schedule was a bit lax, at least I could've picked up and enjoyed PS3 titles.
 
Wait...what?!?! Your sir, are on a forum. You should justify yourself calling out someone who is talking about a missing feature. A feature that was on their previous model. Why should we expect a newer model to come out without it? Why are we all of a sudden so forgiving about missing features on devices coming out? Remember this is [H]ard not }S{oft. The amount of apologists here is ridiculous. And then to call someone else out in the name of the forum who is talking about a missing feature? :rolleyes:

Also what does it matter what other devices can do it? Perhaps they do not want to use a bunch of other devices to do it? Technology should move forward, not backward.

Previous model? You mean previous generation. So my Macbook Pro from 2004 and all its features should be offered on my Macbook Pro in 2013? What electronics bubble do you live in? I guess I better fire off an email to Apple about that missing firewire port :rolleyes:

The next gen critical offense force is in full effect it seems.

Whining about a feature that will be added in the coming months when the platform was just released less than a month ago totally warrants itself ... yea. To make matters even more trivial the individual I was responding to already has a PS3 capable of doing DLNA just fine. Is something horrible going to happen between now and when the PS4 has DLNA patched in that makes it impossible to wait for? The worst case? His PS3 stops working during that time frame. The humanity..
 
I CARE WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT SOME RANDOM PERSON ON THE INTERNET THINKS ABOUT THE THING THEY PURCHASED! ROAR!
 
Back
Top