PS4 price going up $50 in Canada, accessories and games up $5

Well it fits the fact that the cad lost 13% in the last months. But when our money was worth more , they didnt drop the price of the ps3.

Another reason to not get a ps4.

Well it fits the fact that the cad lost 13% in the last months. But when our money was worth more , they didnt drop the price of the ps3.

Why would retailers lower the price of something when the value of the currency means they make more profit? They're paying Sony in USD so CAD being worth less means they're making less profit and Sony isn't going to lower their wholesale price. Hence the MSRP goes up likely at the request of retailers. I wouldn't be all at surprised if the XB1 went up at some point.

Why would retailers lower the price of something when the value of the currency means they make more profit? They're paying Sony in USD so CAD being worth less means they're making less profit and Sony isn't going to lower their wholesale price. Hence the MSRP goes up likely at the request of retailers. I wouldn't be all at surprised if the XB1 went up at some point.

Double standards.

Cad worth more than usd. Price is stable.
Cad wort less than usd. Price hike.

I know its economical. But they gave a huge argument to xbox one in canada.

Double standards.

Cad worth more than usd. Price is stable.
Cad wort less than usd. Price hike.

I know its economical. But they gave a huge argument to xbox one in canada.

That's capitalism for ya. I wonder if the price increase wouldn't have happened if not for the hype and rarity surrounding the PS4.

Kinda sucks (especially since the manufacturers were so slow to adjust their prices to parity when our dollar was high).

But on the good side, due to a EU trade agreement, Canada will be getting cheaper imported cheese! Yum!

From what I understand the CAD price "increase" is actually just aligning the PS4 price to be what it should of been all along. It would be like the PS4 costing $349.99 in the US and them raising the price to $399 and being called an "increase".

So up till now, CAD PS4 buyers were getting it for less than what they should of.

Raising the price is not an "increase"....right.... :cool:
Well it's due to inflation. $399 USD = about $440 CAD, which is about where the PS4 is priced now (449).

So yah, CAN were getting a nice discount up till now compared to the US version.

Well it's due to inflation. $399 USD = about $440 CAD, which is about where the PS4 is priced now (449).

So yah, CAN were getting a nice discount up till now compared to the US version.

That's not inflation... Also when our dollar was worth more or on par with USD we didn't get a price decrease. I still think the PS4 is worth the $450 price tag but games being priced at $70 is steep. After tax that's $80. I definitely will think a lot longer about purchasing a game than I used to. To my Canadian bro's don't forget that EBGames lets you return an opened game for any reason for full credit towards another game if you have their $15 a year platinum card within 7 days. Lately I've been buying a game I know I'll play through once and never touch again and returning for full credit towards another game or pre-order that I'll play through more than once or that has good MP or DLC.

http://edge.ebgames.ca/AboutUs/AboutUsForLoyalty

To my Canadian bro's don't forget that EBGames lets you return an opened game for any reason for full credit towards another game if you have their $15 a year platinum card within 7 days.

Gamestop owns EBgames. I think they are using it as a test bed to bring that policy stateside eventually. It could be their saving grace once digital downloads start taking off.

Gamestop owns EBgames. I think they are using it as a test bed to bring that policy stateside eventually. It could be their saving grace once digital downloads start taking off.

EB Games used to have this policy stateside back in the late nineties.

I was trying to decide between a ps4 or computer upgrade this year and this price increase just made my choice easier.

That's not inflation... Also when our dollar was worth more or on par with USD we didn't get a price decrease.
Sorry, exchange rate. And yes you did, per exchange rate before the price increase you were originally paying the equivalent of $358 USD for a PS4. That's not a deal due to a strong CAN dollar? PS4 flies off the shelf at $399 USD, imagine if it was $358 USD they'd be impossible to find.

Since you want to ignore the exchange rate, just come to US and exchange your CAN dollars for US dollars and buy one for $399 and feel better about it.

Back