Ps4 controller setups, annoying?I think so.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all.

This isn't a rant, but I'm curious to why this is how the ps4 controller config works.

I'm going to use Diablo 3 as my example and yet I'm sure some of you will relate to what I am talking about with either Diablo 3 and or other coop games.

Here we go. Playing Diablo 3 with a friend on your ps4.

In order to have your friend play, they must sign in to their own PSN account in order to play online along side you. Granted your friend doesn't need to purchase PSplus because you are the primary and first player signed in with the PsPLUS subscription.
The question here is why??
It takes only a few minutes to do this, but it's kind of frustrating too. In example with Diablo 3, I cannot have a buddy sign in on my other level 70 player and raid with me. He or she must have his own built up.
What is the point of doing this?
Here's what I don't get as well.
On the ps3, you could switch controller settings in a split second, turn off first controller or switch to controller 1 or 2 etc. Why'd they change this?
You cannot have more than 1 controller per user, why?

Also, on the Ps3 not Ps4, Diablo 3 blocked all achievements when you had multiple signed in users playing. But blocked the chest box and blacksmith and gem vender for the other players signed in on the primary user.
Can someone explain how this would be useful?
Unless signing in to your psn name on your buddies ps4 downloads your saved data to that game you're playing at your friends house, then it is completely ridiculous and annoying.

Any thoughts on this?

yeah paying for the service on top of your internet is what bugs me the most.

You gotta be kidding me. Xbox has had a paid service on top of your "internet" for the past 9? Years.

You gotta be kidding me. Xbox has had a paid service on top of your "internet" for the past 9? Years.

Not to mention all the free games you get from PS+ as well. I've been subbed since it first launched and have got more than my monies worth.

The controller issue with Diablo 3 is annoying but once they sign in its nothing as bad as having to wait on them to clear bags and swap shit out going through loot to see what's up.

Not much you can do with a game like D3 but still. Because of that the controller sign in does not bother me.

The controller thing is weird.. I tried playing nba 2k15 with a friend and I had to google how to use the 2nd controller.. as it turned out he had to sign in as a guest next to my primary account. Ridiculous how you have to jump through hoops to get a couch MP going.

Not to mention all the free games you get from PS+ as well. I've been subbed since it first launched and have got more than my monies worth.

The games are not free. They go away when you stop subscribing. It is a cool feature of the service, but the games are certainly not free.

The controller issue with Diablo 3 is annoying but once they sign in its nothing as bad as having to wait on them to clear bags and swap shit out going through loot to see what's up.

Not much you can do with a game like D3 but still. Because of that the controller sign in does not bother me.

We play the 30 second rule and can't equip till we all equip.
When someone new comes in, I make sure they get the concept of what those green and red arrows on each item pick up are for, so we don't waste 5 minutes every 5 minutes looking at the "pretty white items " hahaha.

Back