PS3 Slams into Bravia TV at 50mph

They had to leave that crash test dummy staring from a creepy chair in the background, didn't they...?

Destroying stuff is always good to watch, slow motion just makes it better :D

I loved the slow motion shots of the PS3 flying through the air lol

Ah, science. We all know your true purpose is actually just to blow shit up.

So the message here is that the things suck and they are going to crash them in to overpriced TVs if we don't take them off their hands and buy fat markup games for them?

The countdown is on for the ps3 slim to take over the world and bend us over our gaming chair and have its way with us.

finally, something sony related i like
+1 x1000!! (Yeah, I guess that would make it +1000).

The video would've been even better if they also included English units in the beginning and then show actual speed footage at the very end.

I dunno about the "doesn't suck" comment. I mean, I guess I can appreciate that they're breaking things in kind of a cool way. But nothing about this commercial makes me want to buy a PS3, so isn't it still a total failure?

But nothing about this commercial makes me want to buy a PS3, so isn't it still a total failure?

When did Sony release a PS3 commercial that makes anyone want to buy one? It's either creepy babies and dummies and/or shit that makes no sense.

what are they trying to promote? Is it the new Bravia 3d tvs and PS3 3d games?

They need a PS3 slamming into a Xbox360 commercial. There can be only one. Or a PSP Go vs TV

They need a PS3 slamming into a Xbox360 commercial. There can be only one. Or a PSP Go vs TV

Eh, the 360 is pretty solid, that would be like two tanks hitting eachother. How about a PS3 and a Wii hitting at 50 MPH, now that would be great!

ok im calmed down now... what i was going to say before i onionized was, do the bravia tv's really have glass screens? all the lcd tv's i know are far too lightweight to have glass, they are all plastic.

Thats awesome!

Here is some more slow-mo crash testing. But instead of electronics, its an old Chevy stacked against a new Chevy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwYBBpHg1I

What's remarkable is that the 'driver' of the 57 would've been killed, horribly, and yet the driver in the new Chevy doesn't end up with the drivetrain in his lap. I wouldn't have been pleasant, but it looks much worse for the 57.

PS3 Slim 1, Tv 0....maybe next time....or if they used one of those old tube tv's....sure it would rape that PS3.

I hope that Sony at least used a rejected/returned Bravia TV and PS3 and not new ones.

ok im calmed down now... what i was going to say before i onionized was, do the bravia tv's really have glass screens? all the lcd tv's i know are far too lightweight to have glass, they are all plastic.

Watch the video again. I don't think it looks like a glass screen. I think glass would shatter way more than that.

Also, why not link to the original? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxOmWkDvPPo

Sony has literally put to the test what happens when you bring BRAVIA and PlayStation®3 together. In the first-ever, controlled conditions test of its kind, the new PS3 slim-line console has been catapulted into a BRAVIA LCD TV.

Fast facts on the crash test:
•PS3 Trajectory: Parabolic
•Impact Speed: 80km/hr = 22m/sec
•Mass of PS3: 3.2kg
•Kinetic energy of PS3 at point of impact: 774.4 joules
•PS3 deceleration: 246.9g = 2420 m/sec squared
•Force of PS3 on BRAVIA TV screen: 7744.0 newtons = 790.2kg force
•Sled deceleration: 40.0g = 392m/sec squared
•Force on sled: 470400.0newtons, 48000kg force = 48 tonnes force
•One 25kg metal bar stops the sled at the end of the track. A new bar is needed for every test
•Track speed: 80km
•Launch angle: 5 degrees
•Sled weight: 1.2 tonnes
•Track length: 60 metres, speed reaches 80km at 1 metre before impact
•Length PS3 travels when released: 3.19metres
•BRAVIA TV is mounted 2 metres from wall

Back