PS3 replay value

Swat

[H]ard|Gawd
I was just curious what games are out there that have a huge replay value. Be it online play or just 'fun' that causes you to not care knowing the story ahead of time *IE God of War collection*

Trying to add to my collection but do not want one time players that will get shelved later on, those I'd rather rent. :eek:

As good as games like Uncharted 1 & 2 are, I don't feel any need to play through them again. I did save MGS 4 to go through again once they (if ever) release a trophy patch.

Obviously sports games have a very high replay value. I also haven't started Demon's Souls (still on the shelf) yet but I get the feeling it's one of those games like Zelda that you can just play through 100 times and not be bored with it. I also expect GT 5 to have a very big replay value.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For online play if you dig FPS's I would toss MAG out there. There's only a handfull of maps atm. If you have a good squad or lucky and a decent PuG the game is fun for hours on end.

Not to be Captain obvious or anything, but - Oblivion and fallout 3

Maybe. They certainly have a long play time on the first go around. I never could enjoy them the same way after making one uber character and seeing most of the game world. The surprises are somewhat spoiled the second time through.

I feel the same way about Demon's Souls, as awesome as it is, it will never be as good your first time through a world. But to its credit, the game has a lot of secrets.The combat is deeply satisfying and never seems to get old.

Wipeout HD Fury takes a lot of time and practice to master.

The PS3 game with the ultimate replay value will undoubtedly be GT5. But I think most of us wouldn't even consider renting a game like that, unless you don't play racing games at all and only want to gawk at the graphics.

I guess it comes down to whether you like shooters or not. Stuff like MW2 can be played infinitely based upon just playing multiplayer.
Uncharted 2 can as well...plus the single player is also excellent. It gets my top recommendation because of that.
If you like fighting games, there are always the Street Fighter and Tekken games. No matter how good you are there are plenty of people who are better and will keep you coming back.

If you're just looking for something amusing to play - Peggle's got pretty much infinite play value for something like $5.

While you might not exactly get the same thrill with re-plays through Fallout or Oblivion, I can't think of a single game that's as long as either of them...and you can play through as a good guy or an asshole to get a slightly different experience. Don't forget all of the DLC for both as well.
Considering the amount of content in both games, I don't think you could scratch the surface of either with a rental, although you could just skip everything and "win" both in a weekend if you just wanted another gold trophy.

I guess it depends on your taste in games. For me a good single player campaign is like a good movie. I can play it multiple times and still enjoy it.

Other than that, sports games are always good for replayability. I personally like FIFA 10, but if soccer's not your bag the latest Madden, NHL, and MLB games from EA are all supposed to be solid.

I guess it depends on your taste in games. For me a good single player campaign is like a good movie. I can play it multiple times and still enjoy it.

Other than that, sports games are always good for replayability. I personally like FIFA 10, but if soccer's not your bag the latest Madden, NHL, and MLB games from EA are all supposed to be solid.

Not to be THAT guy but EA doesnt make a MLB game. 2k sports makes a really horrible game while Sony makes MLB The Show, which is quite possibly the best sports franchise out there right now. I have 09 and it is superb. Its got a pretty good learning curve so might not be for everyone.

Not to be THAT guy but EA doesnt make a MLB game. 2k sports makes a really horrible game while Sony makes MLB The Show, which is quite possibly the best sports franchise out there right now. I have 09 and it is superb. Its got a pretty good learning curve so might not be for everyone.

Hmm, I guess I was thinking that The Show was EA's MLB game. And shame on them for not making one. They cover every other major sport, and that's our national past time for cyring out loud!

Last edited:
Hmm, I guess I was thinking that The Show was EA's MLB game. And shame on them for not making one. They cover every other major sport, and that's our national past time for cyring out loud!

Nope, 2k sports has exclusive multi console rights to MLB. Some how Sony was able to retain theirs, but obviously they only make it for Sony products.

I did hear very good thing about The Show baseball game.
I personally had given up on FIFA games and was a PES fan all these years.
However, I tried the demo for FIFA 10 on xbox and was blown away.
It is the best soccer game I have ever played on any platform, period.
I bought it for the 360 like 2 days later ($40 brand new from a local ad).
Talk about replay value ;)

I did hear very good thing about The Show baseball game.
I personally had given up on FIFA games and was a PES fan all these years.
However, I tried the demo for FIFA 10 on xbox and was blown away.
It is the best soccer game I have ever played on any platform, period.
I bought it for the 360 like 2 days later ($40 brand new from a local ad).
Talk about replay value ;)

Yes, FIFA 10 is absolutely fantastic. My only issue is that I mostly play online. Tottenham's my team, and everyone I play picks Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, or Chelsea. I can understand wanting to play as a good team, but I'd like to see some variety.

That said, I've also played some really, really great players and I lose a lot more often than I win.

Yes, FIFA 10 is absolutely fantastic. My only issue is that I mostly play online. Tottenham's my team, and everyone I play picks Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, or Chelsea. I can understand wanting to play as a good team, but I'd like to see some variety.

That said, I've also played some really, really great players and I lose a lot more often than I win.

Yeah I haven't had it for long, so my friends who come over usually beat me easily.
I haven't tried playing online yet.

The team I play with atm is Chelsea, although it's not my fav team.
But I need a decent team to play with in order to enjoy the game, otherwise it's gonna get really frustrating soon :(

Nope, 2k sports has exclusive multi console rights to MLB. Some how Sony was able to retain theirs, but obviously they only make it for Sony products.

The MLB licensing allows companies to make first party baseball games, and 2K games has the rights to make 3rd party baseball games for multi platform releases. Microsoft and Nintendo could both make baseball titles for there consoles, however their users get stuck with 2K games serving up a pile of shit every year.

It is really amazing how far behind MLB 2K is compared to The Show. All of the recent 2K games have had problems that would have been embarrassing 10 years ago, yet they still manage to get into the current release. I played a lot of 2K8 and 2K9 on my friend's 360 and it almost led to some controller smashing. Nothing like losing a competitive 2-2 game in the bottom of the 12th inning because a fielder spent the entire play running directly into a wall.

A couple months ago there was some information that 2K games had spent way too much on the MLB multi platform rights and would not be able to make money on it. Now they are just trying to do damage control by putting the MLB 2K games out with minimal development cost.

Insert huge pic of Demon's Souls here

Dangit... You've got me itching to just finish this runthrough of FF13 ASAP to go and do a fresh runthrough of Demon's Souls as a different class.

Curse you replayability!

Back