PS3 Owners Only please How much have you spent on games/bluray?

Rash

2[H]4U
Im making this thread because im intrigue at how well Bluray and PS3 Games are doing, in other words I ONLY WANT REPLIES TO THIS THREAD FROM PS3 OWNERS:)

How much money have you spent on PS3 games and Bluray movies? I can see people trying out Bluray boosting popularity of the format ove HD-DVD.

I have 2 Games and 5 Bluray Movies
Total cost on games and movies:- £200 (more expensive for me cos im in UK!)

3 games (Resistance, Tiger Woods, Madden)

Movies (Fantastic 4, Into The Blue, X-Men United) Talladega Nights(FREE)

Also have Underworld, Corpse Bride and Ice Age: Meltdown.

Everything I got was less than retail because of the buy.com google checkout special ($20 off everything $50 or more) and store credit at Gamestop and Gamerush. So, not too much out of pocket. I think I paid only $15 for Underworld. Don't even know how much everything was to be honest. Not more than $300 I know that.

Got the PS3 not just for games, but equally for blu-ray. So far, so good, i'm very happy with it. Loving the F1 and Motorstorm demo.

So far I have 4 games and the only movie is Talledega Nights freebie. However, I will be getting several more movies between now and the end of the year and hopefully at least one or two more games in that time.

Games:
Resistance, Ridge Racer 7, NBA2k7
This month I plan on picking up madden 07, fight night round 3, and full auto 2.

Movies:
Only movie(s) so far is Talledega Nights (freebie) and Black Hawk Down (which looks/sounds amazing btw), but I plan on getting kingdom of heaven and MI3 soon. I'm also getting some movies from netflix.

Only 1 game and Talladega Nights. I don't have an HD display, unfortunately, so I don't see me buying Blu-Ray movies when there's no significant difference in quality.
When I get one, however, I will start to buy BD movies.

But yeah... I'm getting Fight Night tomorrow sooo that'll bring my total to $120.

4 Games (resistance, RR7, Tiger Woods, NBA2k7)
3 Movies, (Kingdom of Heaven, Xmen3, Superman) not counting talladega nights.

I guess that comes out to about 350ish USD.

Got a PS3 myself...

games:

Marvel: UA (man I hate the craptastic SIXAXIS 'features' in this game), Resistance: Fall of Man

movies:

X-Men United, Talladega Nights (duh), and Kingdom of Heaven

I only have resistance. No other games out interest me as I prefer to play the ports on XBOX 360. I'll probably buy F1 championship when it comes out though. Maybe I'll get Gundam when its cheap. (Heard its bad)

Game: Resistance

Movies: Talladega Nights (included with the console), Tears of the Sun (free from EBGames).

So like 60$ lol

no games yet.

2 movies: black hawk down and click. last samurai coming soon.

no game of interest out there yet.. might pick up resistance though.

pr0pensity said:
How many of you are on 1080p?

I'm using 1080p on my gateway 24"

update: just ordered 3 more movies

ice age, tears of the sun, and kingdom of heaven.

there's a deal going on at buy.com spend $50 and get $20 off with the google checkout. you can do separate $50 orders so take advantage of this people.

As far as games, I have Resistance and COD3.

Talledega Nights (free w/ system) and Kingdom of Heaven for movies.

47" 1080p Westinghouse = nice.

Looking forward to some awesome BD movies and quality 1080p games next year.

One game, one movie. Well actually two games, I got one for free.

Games: Resistance: FoM, RR7

Movies: Talledega Nights(free), The Fifth Element, and Kingdom of Heaven

All on a 1080p Samsung 61" HL-S6187W :)

I just bought some blue-ray movies.

I picked up X3, Underworld: Evolution, Superman, and Gone in Sixty Seconds.

Bought 2 at a time off buy.com for about $30 each movie minus $20 off $50 with google checkout to make it about $20 each movie. Then I'm going to use the $10 rebates that come with the PS3 for Blue-Ray movies making each movie about $10. (Note: X3 is like $40)

Resistance: FoM only, so 60 ish.

No movies yet, not even an extra controller or anything.

I haven't bought anything yet because I wanted to put stuff on my xmas list. Hope to get Sonic and the additional sixaxis. Probably wait till March for any other games.

I am 1080p, Westinghouse LVM-42W2

There just isn't much to get right now, and the movies they offer are ones I got already. It's pretty much a "Wait 5 months down the line and there might be a game to play" scenario. I already finished the games I have. I finished CoD3 at work...

I didn't even watch the pack-in movie yet. I dunno what to do with it till I get some games.

For games I own Resistance Fall of Man, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Ridge Racer 7.
For movies I own Talladega Nights, X-Men The Last Stand and The Fifth Element.

I have not played a single PS3 game but that is for two really good reasons:

1. I am playing God of War for the first time and I really like it.
2. I don't have my HDTV yet (it will be here by this weekend) and I don't really want to see my
PS3 games played at 480i on a 20" non-flat TV.

I have watched Talladega Nights (I never saw it before), X-Men 3 (I had not seen it since I saw
it in the theatre) and I watched season 4 and season 7 of Seinfeld on DVD because I just go those.

As far as how much I have spent on games. Well the PS3 games came in the $1,000
20GB PS3 bundle I got from Gamestop.com on launch day and all three movies I got for
free. Talladega was in the box of course and the other 2 were early Christmas presents
from a friend.

i have 2 games and 4 movies so far. several movies are on my xmas list, otherwise i would have picked them up. but my wife wanted me to leave something off for her to buy me.

even though i bought two games, i have not been able to pry myself away from the motorstorm and f1 demos... and lemmings recently.

1080p 42 in aquos hdmi to hdmi - no games/movies yet just grabbed it recently and sadly i have NO time until next week

finals+work=lose.

Back