PS3 Just Died

GMcDougal

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
938
My ps3 thats only 2 weeks old just died, then came back to life. In the middle of a rockband song, it froze hard. I rebooted, and the bluray drive wouldnt read ANYTHING, NOTHING! after rebooting it, resetting it, everything it started working after i reinserted several different disk. it made a click sound when it started working like it got hung up. Should i take this thing back or is this just a normal glitch?
 
My ps3 thats only 2 weeks old just died, then came back to life. In the middle of a rockband song, it froze hard. I rebooted, and the bluray drive wouldnt read ANYTHING, NOTHING! after rebooting it, resetting it, everything it started working after i reinserted several different disk. it made a click sound when it started working like it got hung up. Should i take this thing back or is this just a normal glitch?

Well I would take it back, but that your call.
 
If it's 2 weeks old you could probably just go to the store you bought it from and exchange it (I don't remember what the return policy is on consoles).
 
If it's 2 weeks old you could probably just go to the store you bought it from and exchange it (I don't remember what the return policy is on consoles).

well bestbuy is 14 days. don't know on other stores.
 
My Blu-ray drive died less than a month after buying it. This isn't normal, your BD is likely on the verge of dying so take it back to the store while you still can.
 
I got mine at midnight when they were released. Only turned it off to reboot after updates on occasion. I fold on mine 24/7. Never has a read issue. TAKE IT BACK!
 
Well...it was a sign that death was close....Few hours later, it no longer reads anything, no matter what i do. Its going back to circuit city. Website says they are out of stock everywhere...hope they got one hiding so i can just do an exchange.
 
made a click sound when it started working like it got hung up.

A few days ago my PS2 started clicking and eventually the discs just wouldn't spin. Figured it was dead.

A few days later I decided to try blowing some compressed air in there, and a dead cockroaches head popped out from around the lens. I got the rest of the carcass out and it's been working perfectly!

I hope for your sake that that's not your problem. Hate roaches.
 
ROFL^^^ Ive done this to also. It did make my old ps2 work, but I never had any creepy cralwers come out.
 
RMA'ing a PS3 is easy and fast. If it does die on you, you'll likely have a new one in your hands (from Sony) in less than an week.
I bought my 60GB back in January of last year and the HDMI port went caput after 3 weeks. I called their support line, told them the story and they put in an RMA request. This was on a Saturday night. On Monday evening I had a box at my door with instructions on what to pack up. I dropped it off at the UPS desk in Office Depot 30 minutes later.
I received a phone call on Wednesday morning that they'd received it and that my new PS3 would be shipped ASAP. It showed up on Friday evening.
Most painless RMA ever.
 
A few days ago my PS2 started clicking and eventually the discs just wouldn't spin. Figured it was dead.

A few days later I decided to try blowing some compressed air in there, and a dead cockroaches head popped out from around the lens. I got the rest of the carcass out and it's been working perfectly!

I hope for your sake that that's not your problem. Hate roaches.

A broken ps2 wasn't your problem. I suggest changing your lifestyle or moving.
 
one thing to keep in mind is stepping on roaches to kill them is a bad idea, they can often leave eggs on your shoes' soles and deposit in your home.

another thing is to try and keep your entertainment area as free from food and moisture as possible, and keep it well lit, roaches hate the light.

anyhow, Focker has a point, once you get roaches, they're almost impossible to un-get. if you live in an apartment, i'd move. if you live in a house, it might be worth having an exterminator come in, fumigate, and then spend the money to prevent their return fill in cracks in walls, foundations, etc
 
if you got roaches move away from the neighborhood. you can fumigate but your next door neighbor's roaches will move back in your house.
 
I remember my ps3 rebooted twice during armored core 4 sessions, guess it got too hot?
 
Back
Top