PS3 Instock Starting at 902 for a bundle

Some people from FW mentioned that Walmart has this new policy which you return ALL or nothing. :rolleyes:

IMO thats crappy of Wal Mart to force you to buy a bundle, especially at the price.

$50 or 60 is a lot to spend on a game that you would hardly ever play.

Granted everyone's tastes in games are different, the odds that those titles would be exactly what games buyers really want is slim to none.

Well its sold out which is all that matters to Walmart. Selling it as a bundle just means they are milking it from desperate customers. Either way, Walmart capitalized on it. Also deters from ebayers from buying it and selling it and leaving people who really want it out in the cold. (you have to sell the games at a small loss). Fry's did the same thing on launch day, but gave 8 games and an extra movie for 1080 which is about right. Sucked but it worked for them.

It still boggles my mind that people can spend a thousand bucks on those things. I mean, is it really that important to have one first?! Why not wait a year, (and a couple updates), then purchase it next holidays when there are plenty and the price might even drop. Crazy people, man, crazy!! ;)

I don't mean to incite any animosity and I'm sure that these babies are very lucrative on ebay etc. Well I have a friend who waited in line for this puppy @ best buy when it was launched, he has most of the games for it too and he hates it bad. He says that "resistance" doesn't come close to gears of war. He's a realist and tells me it's more of a multimedia device with gaming capabilities vs the 360 being a gaming machine with multimedia capabilities. This aren't my words even though I've played most of the games for ps3 I don't own one, these are his words. He does say that with time it will get better but that he made a big mistake opening the box and keeping it instead of just selling it on ebay to some rich kid. :) His lesson of wisdom to me was, if you can get your hands on one for retail price and sell it for a nice profit, go for it. If you want it for yourself, wait for better games.

VRMan said:
It still boggles my mind that people can spend a thousand bucks on those things. I mean, is it really that important to have one first?! Why not wait a year, (and a couple updates), then purchase it next holidays when there are plenty and the price might even drop. Crazy people, man, crazy!! ;)
I hear that! ... This just proves the huge gap between the rich and us average Joe's. I'm struggling with a $200-300 budget for the whole holiday season. I can't even fathom what it's like to just toss a grand on a game system. ... must be nice. More power to them I guess. I can't complain; we are happy with what we have.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness is full of shit. :D

B

fyi, I was at my local target last night and they had 2 on the shelves. I was shocked and actually took a double take when I passed them in the isle. In the 15 minutes I was browsing PS2 titles, they both sold. It seems the stores are still getting them at about 2 per week or so according to the clerk I spoke to. I wish I had the balls to empty the savings account on the gamble that I could resell one for a profit.

Yup went to GStop yesterday and they were unpacking 4 of them... the sales guys said they were gonna call some friends up to let them know they were in... If you look hard enough you'll find em at normal price somewhere.

ShLoNkY said:
IMO thats crappy of Wal Mart to force you to buy a bundle, especially at the price.

$50 or 60 is a lot to spend on a game that you would hardly ever play.

Granted everyone's tastes in games are different, the odds that those titles would be exactly what games buyers really want is slim to none.

not if you have a job.. and want to play resistance:fom with 39 ppl

Back