PS3 headset recommendation

Corporal79

Gawd
As my title says I'm looking for a headset recommendation for my PS3. I've been an xbox guy for a long time and am used to the ones that plug into the controller and are a single ear with mic that can be muted. I'd prefer something similar since I like to use my surround sound and don't want to listen to all the audio through headphones regardless of how high quality they are.

Does the PS3 use the same type of headsets that connect to the controller or do I need to plug them into the PS3 itself?

Any suggestions? This is mainly so I can talk trash to my buddy during NCAA Football 14 games :D

As my title says I'm looking for a headset recommendation for my PS3. I've been an xbox guy for a long time and am used to the ones that plug into the controller and are a single ear with mic that can be muted. I'd prefer something similar since I like to use my surround sound and don't want to listen to all the audio through headphones regardless of how high quality they are.

Does the PS3 use the same type of headsets that connect to the controller or do I need to plug them into the PS3 itself?

Any suggestions? This is mainly so I can talk trash to my buddy during NCAA Football 14 games :D

You'll have to use a Bluetooth headset so whatever you want so long as you do your research. I couldn't give a good recommendation as I only used the PS3 Bluetooth headset for a good while until I switched to the Sony Gold headset.

The Sony PS3 branded one worked fine but I'm sure there are better options out there.

due to a time restraint I picked up the basic official PS3 wired headset last night at walmart for $20. I think I'm going to order the Sony Gold Headset for a long term solution though.

Back