PS3 Headset and Speaker Help

Michigan PC

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
1,349
Is it possible to use a headset for both in game chat and for game audio? How would I set this up with my ps3?

Do I need a receiver to get audio and a headset set up with my ps3 and tv? Can I use headphones for game audio and a bluetooth headset at the same time for chat?

thanks
 
To my knowledge (I just got my PS3 yesterday) you're kind of limited on a headset set up if you don't have a receiver. Here are the options:

1. Plug your headset into your receiver. Enjoy great sound.
2. Have a headset with a TOSlink (optical) output. Plug it right into the PS3.
3. Plug your headset into your television (assuming it has the jack for it). If it's getting audio via HDMI or optical, you're set. Otherwise you're going to get analog sound.

I may be missing an option in there. Another possibility would be if you had a HTPC where you could use the soundcard.
 
there is also the bluetooth headset and the usb headset but """i think"""" they r only used to chat
 
Back
Top