• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PS3 guts to a new case?

Horna

n00b
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
21
Hi, I got to wondering if anyone had modded a PS3 to a new case that follows the standard 19" width of Hifi/hometheater equipment. Benefits from this would definitely include easier integration with other AV equipment and most likely reduced level of noise (more room for air, wider spacing between components -> less heat etc.).

I tried googling for such mods via but found none. I think it would be really cool to have a PS3 in a less game console'ish package. :)
 
I would if it wasent so damn risky.. I havent found anybody that's taken one apart and for all we know, there's some sort of anti-mod chip self-destruction device enclosed.
 
I actually found a video series from youtube where a team of Nikkei Electronics employees disassemble a PS3. Fun vid, japanese are so enthusiastic and excited about tech gadgets, warms the heart ^_^

Linkage:
- Prt I
- Prt II
- Prt III
- Prt IV
 
Benefits from this would definitely include easier integration with other AV equipment and most likely reduced level of noise
if u compare my ps3 to the 360 its practically silent. i have no problem with the ps3s noise level personally and i think that taking it apart is very very risky cuz from that video it looks far more complex than the 360.
 
if u compare my ps3 to the 360 its practically silent. i have no problem with the ps3s noise level personally and i think that taking it apart is very very risky cuz from that video it looks far more complex than the 360.

and also its more expensive and voids the warrenty :)

The best way is to get those fans for the ps3.. Im planning to do that.. my ps3 gives off too much heat so I won't beable to use it as much cause of the texas summers :rolleyes: anyways I can't wait for winter!! :D
 
let us know if you find something, this is something that i thought about with my 360.
 
Back
Top