PS3 GTHD free download ingame screenshots...Wow! (Pics Inside...)

Rash

2[H]4U
This Games gameplay and graphics are excellent, A nice christmas present for PS3 owners! I wish i had a 1080p lcdtv :mad: , Im loving this game, heres some in game shots from my 1080i lcdtv:

gthd.jpg

gthd1.jpg

gthd2.jpg

gthd3.jpg

gthd4.jpg

gthd5.jpg

PS3 Owners comments please, Playe it? whadya reckon to it?

I just played it too, it's awesome. My friend also has a 40inch lcd 1080p, went over and saw it on the bigger screen too. I am goign to wait till q2 of next year so I can pick up a larger set cheaper.

How long did it take you to download? It took me about 8mins, My friend has cable he was getting it much quicker in about 5mins, and he was using the wireless wifi. Using my keyboard is cool. If I can hold on till around march (motorstorm release) then around that time I will get a larger hd screen. On a normal size screen backwards compatability is a blast, ff12 does not look like crap, if you stretch it accross a larger screen 40+ and the screen is build for higher def I don't blame the game for looking bad. My friend already has a high end receiver so we upconverted ff12 in his unit to 1080i.

Two words: That's hot.

It looks great on my 30" Samsung Slimfit @ 720P. Did you know you can watch replays of the top ten players for each of the ten cars online?

looks good, but i've always preferred GTR or GT:L or rFactor to any of the console racers...

That said, I'd love to see a Forza/GT kind of game for the PC with all the regular cars available..

Luke_Skywalker said:
Not that impressive I could see the Wii doing this in a year or so.

LOL - U need to get down to ur nearest optomaaaatrist and get ur eyes check, than got to the physocooolagist and get ur brain check. :D

It's definitely a good looking game, but rather than a "PS3 Cell proc pwns j00" kind of reason I think it's a direct result of how much time the team has put in to modeling the cars. If only everyone took that kind of care.....

Luke_Skywalker said:

Umm..no.

I love my Wii. But that level of graphics cannot be displayed by the Wii hardware. I don't agree with the way Sony is marketing this game, but damn if it doesn't look gorgeous.

Someone spent a lot of time on that. Everything is very sharp, and the whole thing looks outstanding. Good job!

GTHD is the most realistic looking game I have eva played.
Awesome stuff, cant wait for the full game.

no wiitards allowed. The wii is a nice console but that statement is pushing it saying that it can look that good.

Had to leave my Dl going while i was at a hockey game, just got back and unlocked all 10 cars. Now time to work on Drifting mode! Really cant believe they pulled this level of detail off, if i hadnt seen it for myself i wouldnt have believed it.

I just hope it doesn't take the team a day to model a car again because I'm rooting for a real diverse selection when the GT5 is released.

heatsinker said:
I just hope it doesn't take the team a day to model a car again because I'm rooting for a real diverse selection when the GT5 is released.
Actually I hear it takes them 6 months to finish a car model for GT5. IIRC it took them 2-3 months for a car in GT4. But the team is much bigger than it used to be, over 150 developers now. So even though 6 months seems like a long time. They should be pumping a ton of cars out every 6 months.

Luke_Skywalker said:
Is the A.I still stupid as hell and also does all the cars follow the exact same line practically?
Theres no multiple car races w/ the CPU in the demo. Time trials and drift races, both with rankings.

Well I just finished playing it. Looks great, but I wish there was more. 10 cars is pretty good for a free concept/demo thingy. Too bad there aren't more tracks. So far its the only thing on PS3 that has impressed me.

Is the grass and or the crowd 3D? What about the backround mountains. Is there invisible walls where you can only go off the track a couple feet.

Does anybody else think the game has a weird look to it graphically? It looks really good, but theres also something that doesn't seem right at the same time. I can't really figure out what it is. Maybe it's the backgrounds? The backgrounds to me looks like a 2D photograph plastered behind a 3D world. I dunno. Comments?

The cars look DAMN good in those shots.

The backgrounds/countryside is apparently lacking in polygon count, but has some decent shaders and lighting in use to give a nice effect.

Looks great so far!

Luke_Skywalker said:
Is the grass and or the crowd 3D? What about the backround mountains. Is there invisible walls where you can only go off the track a couple feet.

The crowd is 3D. I'm not sure about the background. There are no invisible walls because the entire course is fenced in.

The mountains and such look like very low polygon models with high reslution textures attached to them. Giving a very weird look, in effect.

lesman said:
The mountains and such look like very low polygon models with high reslution textures attached to them. Giving a very weird look, in effect.
Ah finally, I'm not the only one who thinks it looks weird. I thought I was going crazy reading through this thread without seeing a single mention of that.

zero002021 said:
Ah finally, I'm not the only one who thinks it looks weird. I thought I was going crazy reading through this thread without seeing a single mention of that.

I don't think anything looks weird I think it looks amazing like photos, i'm just wondering if they are 3d or not cause on the ps2 versions there was some 3d things in the backround.

Being a car nut and owning a Honda s2000 and integra type R(same one in the demo).
I love this game so much.

Luke_Skywalker said:
Your kidding right? I'm not gonna come out and say the wii could not do this but... I really can't see it doing this in a year.

Back