PS3 Games?

Maximos

2[H]4U
Hey guys, I just came back from Gamestop with these:

God of War III
Dead Space
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

on their buy two get one free special. I'm thinking of taking one back and getting Killzone 2... also open to other suggestions. What are must-play PS3 games? I was strongly considering Valkyrie Chronicles and Uncharted as well. They didn't have Demon's Souls which was a strong contender for me as well. Which three would take the cake in your book? I think GOW 3 is a given.

Last edited:
I have GT5. I could take MW2 back and get MGS4 + GTA4, but I've already beat GTA4 on Xbox 360.

Look for the Xbox vs PS3 poll that was locked below. It might be a page or two back I basically covered them all.

Take back MW2, it's a PoS, get Valkyria Chronicles or Uncharted 2

both would be EXCELLENT choices.

Well, it would be the first Uncharted. Alternatively, I could return all three and get Black Ops. I don't know if Dead Space is worth keeping.

ok, that's worth keeping on the list.

What is considered to be the definitive PS3 FPS? All of them seem to be atleast a year old besides the rehashed franchises (CoD, MoH). As a matter fact, there don't seem to be many huge hits that came out this year. All of the games we mentioned are older.

Last edited:
If you want FPS and don't want cod type games than give KZ2 a try. It's a very good shooter. Keep Dead Space though, you'll love it.

Well, it would be the first Uncharted. Alternatively, I could return all three and get Black Ops. I don't know if Dead Space is worth keeping.

x2

black ops is a much better game :)

As for which games to get, it all depends on what you're into. I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, although it's probably not for everyone. 3D Dot Game Heros is also a really solid title. It's a complete zelda ripoff, but in a good way. It's very nastolgic.

I also picked up Little Big Planet, but honestly, it hasn't really been all that great. It gets stale pretty quick.

If you're a car person, get GT5

I have GT5... Heavy Rain looks like a little 'meh'.

I would get Demon's Souls but they don't have it :(

3D Dot Game looks so so.

What about taking back MW2 for FFXIII, and Dead Space for KZ2? I think I might just get another 3 for 2 deal to accomodate all of these titles lol.

FFXIII is terrible. Dead Space is good, Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I have ever played, Demon's Souls is frustatingly fun.

If you are trying to take advantage of the sale, why not order online? They should have the same deal.

I already got the games in store yesterday (had some old stuff to trade-in). Uncharted 1 is in question, Uncharted 2 is out of the price range that the others are in.

I guess the main question of this thread should be:
What are the three must-have albeit slightly older titles on PS3 besides GT5 (which I have)? Things like God of War 3 fit this description, but I am not super familiar with other offerings.

I, personally, didn't like FFXIII much. It wasn't exactly squares crowing achievement :( They sort of jumped the shark with it.

I would keep MW2 over that, honestly. As for killzone 2, I still haven't played through it yet (I've only played the demo) but the controls were a little awkward. It seems like it was pretty decent though besides that.

MW2 is shitty from what I've played so far, so I think I will take it back. It's just that I need to find another FPS that has an active online community to substitute it with. Maybe BFBC2?

It's sad to hear that FFXIII isn't as great as it should have been. What's a trademark PS3 RPG?

Last edited:
MW2 is shitty from what I've played so far, so I think I will take it back. It's just that I need to find another FPS that has an active online community to substitute it with.

black ops :) the online community is HUGE... you wont find a bigger online FPS on the console. I'd be very surprised to find many people, if any, still playing KZ2. Most of my friends that have owned it didn't have much good to say about the MP part of the game.

As for a trademark RPG, thats a good question. Let me know when ya find one lol :D There were a few really good ones for the 360 that were supposed to come over to the PS3, but I don't know if they actually made it or not. The Last Reminant was an outstanding RPG... Lost Oddyssey was also a great game.

seriously, check out 3d dot game heros. It's very tongue in cheek but it's a great game. If you liked the original zelda, you'll like this one. It's not a very fancy looking game, but the gameplay is pretty solid.

ok, let's see what happens. I may return them all for Black Ops. I hate used games anyway, and these can all be had cheaper on Amazon :D (save for GOW 3, but I will probably pick it back up later)

decisions decisions.

If you want GOW3, let me know. I'm almost done with it and I'll sell it to you cheap (it came with my PS3). It's only been out of the case 2 or 3 times.

If you are going to trade them all back to get something else, get Uncharted 2. The online is fun, people are still playing it, and it is the best game on PS3.

I got Black Ops for now. I will get all of the older ones cheaply and with time.

Last edited:
The multiplayer in Uncharted 2 is okay, depends on what style of play you like.

The community is huge for BF:BC2 and is unfortunately huge for COD:BO. MAG is another great PS3 exclusive that is now available via download on the PSN. Also, KZ2 has always been a blast. People don't know what they are talking about! How can people not like teamplay/objective based gameplay??

By the way, if it wasn't for split screen online multiplayer, Black Ops would be traded in already. It looks and plays like the same garbage, recycled 5 times over! Damn unlocks and Customizable Player Images are addicting, however.

Uncharted 1&2 are must plays
Heavy Rain was AMAZING
Kill Zone 2 was pretty fun

so, I honestly haven't convinced myself to actually take BO out of the shrinkwrap lol. can anyone actually recommend the game? all I've read about it is how shitty it is.

so, I honestly haven't convinced myself to actually take BO out of the shrinkwrap lol. can anyone actually recommend the game? all I've read about it is how shitty it is.

Well the SP is pretty neat imho. Best since COD4. Otherwise swap it for Kill Zone 2 or Uncharted 1/Uncharted 2.

Back