PS3 data back-up question..

joemama

[H]F Junkie
I'll be swapping out my harddrive later today for a 160GB model....can I backup my settings/game saves on a 4GB SD card using a usb reader? How about a thumb drive? I don't don't have an external drive..

Yes, to all your questions. I suggest manually copying your game saves to your SD card and not using the backup tool on the PS3. Your SD card will not suffice if you choose to use the backup tool. Keep in mind the file system on the SD card must be some form of FAT not NTFS

for strictly game back ups i use a sd card but if you want a PS3 system back up its my understanding that using a external usb drive formatted in fat is the best way.

when i swapped out my 40 for a 160 i just had some saved game stuff so i just copied all that over to the sd drive, swapped out the HDD and was back up and running in 15-20 mins.

Good luck

The SD card and reader worked fine for my save games but I'm really pissed now.....I go into the store and it shows that I've already downloaded GT Prologue but it gives me no option to re-download. Who do I have to call and bitch at?:mad:

Back