PS3 controller to be called...SIXAXIS? Huh?

Yeah, I saw that yesterday on Kotaku.

Doesn't really matter though. I can't remember calling the Dual Shock 2 a "Dual Shock 2" ever.
To me, they're all "controllers".
lol

The18thLetter said:
I can't remember calling the Dual Shock 2 a "Dual Shock 2" ever.
lol
QFT

Sixaxis...wow say that three times fast.

if you start in the middle and work out on both sides it turns out to be axis.You can tilt the controller on an axis.

The real reason is cause its got six axises of tilt.

6 axies?

X, Y & Z are obvious but then do you count up/down, left/right & forward/backward (cause I believe most of my math classes, that the positive x axis and its opposite negative x axis were considered the same axis? I wasn't aware that the new controller had the ability to track its relative postition to the console.

Anyways people will probably shorten it to the 6A controller.

They seriously need rumble feature, eventually holding a controller in midair can get tiring for some stuff, at least flabby underarms will start dissapearing. Seriously, how hard is it to stick a vibrating feature in the controller, the company that created rumble offered to help sony as long as they buy lisence to that feature, something microsoft and wii have already done.

Sixaxis likely refers to the fact that the controller can measure all 6 degrees of freedom, both rotation and acceleration on each axis.

Although i do hope its called something else, its not the catchiest name.

Oh wait, I get it, this controller can be used in a 6-dimensional universe! :eek:

The PS3 was made by aliens.

Aside from that lawsuit bs. I think that the rumble feature would mess up the motion sensors of the controller overtime. Or at least it would have to turn off the motion sensor when the rumble is activated... or they could tone down the sensitivity...

They'll also have to put all that in the same ol' controller shape. Although, they could've changed it..

Just brainstorming...

1. X
2. Y
3. Z
4. roll
5. pitch
6. yaw

SIXAXIS (a palindrome)

and heres a picture.
sc03-04.jpg

Bad_Boy said:
1. X
2. Y
3. Z
4. roll
5. pitch
6. yaw

SIXAXIS (a palindrome)

roll pitch and yaw are not axis, they are rotations about the 3 axis :rolleyes:

The18thLetter said:
Yeah, I saw that yesterday on Kotaku.

Doesn't really matter though. I can't remember calling the Dual Shock 2 a "Dual Shock 2" ever.
lol

exactly what I was thinking. I will call my 360 one Sally. Because I feel like it. :) I guess xbox seems the least to push a controller name. Last one I remember was just refferred to as "the S one." Only even that because there were 2.

whatever, you're clearly uneducated. It could only have six axis if it was in a 6-Dimensional universe.

CodeX said:
whatever, you're clearly uneducated. It could only have six axis if it was in a 6-Dimensional universe.
which would make no sense at all, 6 dimensional universe?
read my post above, it makes perfect sense.

I want to call it either the SIXASSES or the SEXASSES everytime I read SIXAXIS.

There be something wrong with me.

texuspete00 said:
exactly what I was thinking. I will call my 360 one Sally. Because I feel like it. :) I guess xbox seems the least to push a controller name. Last one I remember was just refferred to as "the S one." Only even that because there were 2.
I called the original X-box controller "The Canteen" because it was so big...

yo imma get down on this game with you, hand me that other sixaxis........

who truly cares what a controller is called leave it alone guys

Back