ps3 / comp setup - hows this?

k1ng

Limp Gawd
I need a new setup for my ps3 and comp.

I haven't done much researching, but come to the conclusion that a receiver would make my life easier. How well would the following receiver and speakers work for me?

receiver - Onkyo TX-SR505
speakers - M-Audio AV30

For music I listen mostly to rock/metal, with a bit of ambient, rap, and the tiniest bit of techno.
Hows that look? Any suggestions on better speakers?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
good question..

(i know nothing about speakers)

what would be a good bookshelves then for around $100?

Well, these Polks are still on sale. If you live in the US than they're probably about 100 US with shipping.

10034465.jpg

I can't quite buy them until after the deal is dead unfortunately, are there any other good ones that are ~100?

thanks for the help.

For a $100? Not new or at regular price. Try getting some used maybe. Probably the best speaker for the price is the Mordaunt Short 302, but that's still around a buck sixty for a pair...at least I think that's a pair as some speakers are sold individually.

Anyway, if you find another amp, something dedicated to 2 speakers, than not only will you get far superior sound quality, but you won't be paying for features that you don't need. I saw a Pioneer Elite amp mentioned here the other day for around $150 brand new. Then maybe you'll have a bit extra for some decent speakers.

*The amp was the Pioneer Elite A-35R and it seems the price got bumped up to around $200.

have you considered a package deal? there are quite a few for around 300 with the 5.1 speakers and sub.

they wont match those in sound but if your not a huge audiophi it will probably be the best bang for buck and I'm sure you'll be happy.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Is that pioneer you linked me to my best bet for a 2.0 system with multiple inputs, that will get me the best sound?? Thanks!

*could I just get a regular amp like the big joe, and use an RCA switch like this? Would there be any loss in quality if I used that?

Back