PS3 - Blu-Ray movie sale at Walmart

Wow! Im very tempted to buy another ps3 For upstairs with that deal!

How much money do you guys think I could recoup if I sold all 15 movies?

That's not a bad idea considering I don't see 3 Blu-ray movies I care to own, much less 15.

Selling them could offset a good chunk of that PS3 cost.

THe problem is with the 5 free movie deal from Sony, it will take you 6-8 weeks to actually receive them.

THe problem is with the 5 free movie deal from Sony, it will take you 6-8 weeks to actually receive them.

Honestly, though, the movie selection of the 5 free movie deal isn't that great. With the Walmart deal, you can pick up the Blu-Ray movies you really want to see.

Neither HD-DVD nor Blu-Ray have more than 5 movies that I would actually want to own in HD, but, as mentioned before, you could sell the others to offset the cost of the system.

http://www.dailytech.com/Report+Wal...+80GB+PS3+with+15+Free+Movies/article9707.htm

10 free movies at Walmart when you buy an 80GB PS3 at Walmart this Saturday. This is in addition to the 5 free movies you get for buying a Blu-Ray player. It doesn't apply to the 40GB version and the movies can't cost more than $30 a piece.

I would hate to purchase this and have a super limited selection of movies under $30. For those of you who already have a ps3, what percentage of titles would you say are over $30?

I would hate to purchase this and have a super limited selection of movies under $30. For those of you who already have a ps3, what percentage of titles would you say are over $30?

From Wal-Marts website I found over 5 pages (each page with 48 movies) while being under 30 dollars. It seemed anything over 30 was more a pack of movies, sets, etc. so you could pick up any Blu-ray movie you really wanted basically. So picking 10 movies, I feel like a little kid in a candy store and can have anything I want. :D

Last time I checked, the Walmart by me only had about 10 to 15 Blu-Ray movies at most to pick from.

Virtually all the movies on their website, not including collections of course, are showing under $30. I would imagine it would be the same in the store.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=486963

Not a terrible list. I see at least 8-10 I wouldn't mind having. If I didn't already own a PS3 I would jump on this. Like others have said, you can offset a good amount of the cost of the PS3 by selling the movies on Ebay if you don't want them.

Not bad, but like others have mentioned...I'm not sure I really want all that many Blu-Ray movies. There are sadly (sadly because I have no player) many more HD movies I'd rather have. If only there were a deal like that for one of those 1080p/lossless HD-DVD drives.

That's not a bad idea considering I don't see 3 Blu-ray movies I care to own, much less 15.

I'm in the same boat with my HD player. The only movies they have on HD that interest me are Clockwork Orange and 2001:A Space Odyssey and I already have Clockwork Orange on SD so don't want to buy it again. Where's all the good HD movies? They keep putting out crap movies that don't really benefit from HD. Perfect Strom on HD looks almost the same as SD version. Only one that has really impressed me for film quality so far was King Kong. The Matrix was ok too.

I'm in the same boat with my HD player. The only movies they have on HD that interest me are Clockwork Orange and 2001:A Space Odyssey and I already have Clockwork Orange on SD so don't want to buy it again. Where's all the good HD movies? They keep putting out crap movies that don't really benefit from HD. Perfect Strom on HD looks almost the same as SD version. Only one that has really impressed me for film quality so far was King Kong. The Matrix was ok too.

Check out AVSforum.com

Im in the Blu-Ray camp, and i know in the Blu-Ray forum there they have a sticky with ratings on movie releases and their respective qualities. They have 5 different ratings from top tier to bottom tier as far as quality goes.

I would check out to see if they have the same for HDDVD movies.

There definitely are some stunning movies in Hi-Def if you look up which ones are top of the line.

If I'm going to buy a game console that comes with something free, I'd like them to throw in some free games, so I can put it to use as something other than a shitty Blu-Ray movie viewing paperweight. I'm so sick of Sony whoring out Blu-Ray and completely overlooking the playability of the system brand I wasted ten years of my life on.
Still, that's a good deal, but not for me.

If I'm going to buy a game console that comes with something free, I'd like them to throw in some free games, so I can put it to use as something other than a shitty Blu-Ray movie viewing paperweight. I'm so sick of Sony whoring out Blu-Ray and completely overlooking the playability of the system brand I wasted ten years of my life on.
Still, that's a good deal, but not for me.

You could always sell the Blu-Ray movies and buy any 3 games you want. I do agree that it is a ploy to get Blu-Ray out there, but it is still nice since you can make a decent profit selling them.

Check out AVSforum.com

Im in the Blu-Ray camp, and i know in the Blu-Ray forum there they have a sticky with ratings on movie releases and their respective qualities. They have 5 different ratings from top tier to bottom tier as far as quality goes.

I would check out to see if they have the same for HDDVD movies.

There definitely are some stunning movies in Hi-Def if you look up which ones are top of the line.

Yea, I already have the HD version bookmarked but there are none in the best quality that I want. I'm pretty picky about what movies I buy. Someone gave me a copy of The Exorcist: The Beginning and I gave it away because I didn't want it tainting my collection. I love The Exorcist but Exorcist: The Beginning is pure crap.

Back