PS3 and Tversity

dadi38

Limp Gawd
Ok, I just tried Tversity and setup my PS3 as a media outlet. All I can say is...why haven't I done this sooner? Now a few questions. What do you use to rip your DVD's? I was thinking of adding an extra HDD to the computer just for my DVD collection. Loving it so far.

dvdshrink used to be awesome. I haven't used the newer versions as I recall there being some talk of limited ripping ability after a change. I don't think I've used anything passed 3.0 or something but it's worth looking into.

after looking for a few minutes on their website, i am still trying to figure out what is this Tversity...it it basically like a way to get video from your pc to consoles and your blackberry, etc?

i tried Tversity a while ago and couldn't get it working right so i gave up, but i found a new PS3 guide and thought i would try it again this morning, and when i went to install it, it said i had to disable Vista UAC. Now whether you agree or disagree with UAC running a program should not be asking to disable it so it can run, that's like saying you need to close your AV for this work. if you guys are running vista did you disable UAC to get it to work?

after looking for a few minutes on their website, i am still trying to figure out what is this Tversity...it it basically like a way to get video from your pc to consoles and your blackberry, etc

Yes

Yes, you need to disable the UAC during the installation. Afterwards you can reactivate the UAC.

Mac[X-D];1032836477 said:
i tried Tversity a while ago and couldn't get it working right so i gave up, but i found a new PS3 guide and thought i would try it again this morning, and when i went to install it, it said i had to disable Vista UAC. Now whether you agree or disagree with UAC running a program should not be asking to disable it so it can run, that's like saying you need to close your AV for this work. if you guys are running vista did you disable UAC to get it to work?

Yes

A fair few programs recommend you turn off the AV during installs.

this is the first time i have had a app ask me to turn off UAC for a install, and i am running two vista rigs for months now.

well maybe i will try see how it works.

dvdshrink used to be awesome. I haven't used the newer versions as I recall there being some talk of limited ripping ability after a change. I don't think I've used anything passed 3.0 or something but it's worth looking into.

Yeah, problem with DVD Shrink is, its so old, most newer DVDs have encryption methods that DVD Shrink can't get around.

Yes using Tversity and the PS3 is awesome...and I use it almost everyday...

Here is the best solution:

Get "AnyDVD" to run in the background, it will get rid of the DVD's encryption

After it decrypt's the protection, run DVD Shrink and rip the movies. (Re-author the movies to just get the movie out with no previews, etc...and make it only into one .vob file)

Then add the .Vob file to Tversity and you are good to go. :)

After it decrypt's the protection, run DVD Shrink and rip the movies. (Re-author the movies to just get the movie out with no previews, etc...and make it only into one .vob file)

not to sound redundant but DVDFab will to all that in one shot as well covert to many other file formats.

Mac[X-D];1032839177 said:
not to sound redundant but DVDFab will to all that in one shot as well covert to many other file formats.

Good info. Just didnt have the time to mess with all the different programs. Just saying how I do it. ;)

Plus, AnyDVD is running in the background so I only mess with one program (DVDShrink) when I put in a DVD. :)

Ive been using the same program with my 360 for over a year now. Its a great piece of software, kinda hogs resources depending on what you are streaming, but if you are like most ppl you have a storage box so not a big deal.

I use redkawa you install it on your PC and then you click on it and then on the ps3s web browser you go to the url after you click launch file server. And you'll be able to browse all the content you have on your pc and transfer it to your ps3 from music and movies.

i tried it again last night and for me this app is steaming pile of shit, my PS3 world see the Tversity server but when i tried to add files or folders to Tversity it would say the server wasn't running but it was, i would close it restart it, reboot i spent almost two hours there web site was useless, and from what i read trying to find my answers last night tversity either works great for you or it doesn't it is very buggy and i don't believe the new RC is still a early beta.

Mac[X-D];1032852273 said:
i tried it again last night and for me this app is steaming pile of shit, my PS3 world see the Tversity server but when i tried to add files or folders to Tversity it would say the server wasn't running but it was, i would close it restart it, reboot i spent almost two hours there web site was useless, and from what i read trying to find my answers last night tversity either works great for you or it doesn't it is very buggy and i don't believe the new RC is still a early beta.

I think you should return your computer.

This is the exact same method I use. Awesome!

And it's also the only way to go if you want to rip HD-DVDs or Blu-Rays.

edit - using anyDVD, I mean ^^

Are you guys using wired or wireless connections to stream? I'm getting pretty poor results with my wireless-g network (storage box upstairs, ps3 downstairs).

Are you guys using wired or wireless connections to stream? I'm getting pretty poor results with my wireless-g network (storage box upstairs, ps3 downstairs).

No problems on wireless here. Though I'm not going that far.

Back