PS3 always getting shafted

My rule of thumb has always been don't buy a system unless there is a game on it you can't live without playing. PS3 doesn't have one of them yet.

example.

I got the PS1 for Final fantasy 7 if they didn't release a single other game it would have been worth the money.

The ps2 had FFX which could have been there only game and would have been worth the money.

The PS3 doesn't have any 1 game to justify the cost of the system until they do PS3 deserves the shaft.

There are plenty of games for it that are good. Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament III, Orange Box, Oblivion, Resistance, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword. Not all are long, and most aren't exclusive, but there's hardly a lack of good content. I don't see where people can get away with saying the library is poor at all.

My rule of thumb has always been don't buy a system unless there is a game on it you can't live without playing. PS3 doesn't have one of them yet.

example.

I got the PS1 for Final fantasy 7 if they didn't release a single other game it would have been worth the money.

The ps2 had FFX which could have been there only game and would have been worth the money.

The PS3 doesn't have any 1 game to justify the cost of the system until they do PS3 deserves the shaft.

Well that was my thinking at first. Resident Evil 5 was that game but now it's on the 360. I still won't buy a 360. PC + PS3/PSP = awesome combo. I honestly don't think there is any game that I really would want on the 360.

Rumble was not added at launch cause there was that thing people in Amerika call a "lawsuit" something about you stole my rumble feature

Rumble was not added at launch cause there was that thing people in Amerika call a "lawsuit" something about you stole my rumble feature

no, there was "hi we're sony, and we're not paying you the royalties that everyone else in the world realizes they have to pay to use your rumble technology, so we'll badmouth rumble as a "last gen" feature because we're too cheap and arrogant to pay for it"

Yeah, because if the world moved around common sense then immersion shouldnt have gotten what they have gotten. Their patent is, "placing a circle when its not in the center to cause an imbalanced vibration effect." In my eyes its like patenting basic physics.

There are plenty of games for it that are good. Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament III, Orange Box, Oblivion, Resistance, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword. Not all are long, and most aren't exclusive, but there's hardly a lack of good content. I don't see where people can get away with saying the library is poor at all.

Never said there was a lack of "good" content. the PS3 lacks a Single game that can sell the entire console.

I would rather have 1 amazing game than 10 good games, and it's that 1 amazing game that the ps3 lacks.

Also Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament III, Orange Box, Oblivion, and Assassin's Creed can all be found on other systems so these games give me ZERO incentive to buy a ps3. Uncharted, Hevenly Sword, and Resistance are all just ok/good games to me.

to tie this in to the thread the PS3 will get more content when it gets more sales, and the best Content to get is a bad ass exclusive game like MGS4 and FFXIII are hyped up to be.

I'm looking forward to the next FF in the saga myself.

But to be honest blue ray player sold me my PS3 when the format war was done.

Well that was my thinking at first. Resident Evil 5 was that game but now it's on the 360. I still won't buy a 360. PC + PS3/PSP = awesome combo. I honestly don't think there is any game that I really would want on the 360.

PC + PSP = bad ass combo the ps3 would just add a blu-ray player for me.

Never said there was a lack of "good" content. the PS3 lacks a Single game that can sell the entire console.

I would rather have 1 amazing game than 10 good games, and it's that 1 amazing game that the ps3 lacks.

Funny, I feel the same way about the 360. Halo sucks to me, nothing else is a must buy. Uncharted is the best game I played of any system last year.

I'm with fallguy. I also think Uncharted was possibly the best game of last year. Only Bioshock comes close, IMO.
Even though Mario Galaxy got a ton of rave reviews, I think Ratchet and Clank Futureweapons was even better.

Granted there aren't a TON of PS3 exclusives, but I'd put those two in the top 5 games of all last year.

I think with the games coming soon for PS3, mainly MGS4 for me, that has made me happy with my purchase.

MSG2 ended my desire to every play another MSG game. But that might just be "I just joined the Xbox360 club" talking.

I did not enjoy MGS2 either. It introduced some cool new things, however, it was just bad.

It was alright but the whacked out story and constant codec interruptions got old.

I've heard MGS3 was a lot better in that regard.

I'm definitely getting MGS4.

Oh man, MGS3 was amazing. I remember one day watching my friend play against that sniper guy (forgot his name) and he literally took an hour to finish him... BUT it wasn't BORING. Intense fight really.

Oh and MGS4... oh man I got my beta key (stupid Canadian retailers, seems like only EBGames has it) and I can't wait to play online!!!

If you think Sony is shafting ppl just look at some things MS has done in the past.

1) When the 360 came out it only had a 3 month warranty, not a 1yr, PS3 started that.

2) Even the most basic PS3 comes with blue ray, they were willing to invest and gamble by sticking all units with it even at their lost at the beginning.

3) I bet the ppl who bought the add on HD-DVD for the 360's are upset since it is now an unsupported format. Right now can buy some movies dirt cheap for it or it could be a fancy paper weight. You complain about and easy change of the PS3 controller for the newer unit and the MS ppl had to go through HD-DVD and to top it off some console replacements due to ring of death or to get the newer revised units with HDMI which the PS3 had from the beginning.

4) HD on the 360 are inadequate, they are really expensive for the GB you get, whereas on the PS3 even the basic system comes with a HD and you can always swap it out for a larger one cheaper.

5) More open to owners, can install linux, used user made content such as add more maps and mods made by ppl such as UT3.

6) Can't complaint too much about the online, some of the content of xbox live is not available for a few more months unless you are a Gold member, and remember you are paying for the content download so you should be permitted to download it regardless of your account pricing bracket.

All consoles are equally inferior, there is always one that will appeal more to someone than another person. Example Wii has a few cool games, SMB brawl, zelda, mario and such (tried brawl, was fun, wanted to get a Wii just for it but I need to put away for my HDTV fund). 360 has a tight online community. PS3 great for movies, does gaming, can surf web, run a server, it's flexible has a growing list of games such as GT5 and MGS4.

People will always find something to complain about.

Well really I was just complaining about that specific COD4 thing... Just that there are so many delays in the COD4 game for the PS3, and even some things not making it to patches, like host migration...

Yeah the PS3 does always get shafted as most games are developed for multiplatform and correct me if I'm wrong but does that not mean that the game is dumbed down (or at least not developed to the full potential of the PS3) because 360 would not be able to play it then??

Although this would mean that PS3 ONLY titles would be tits.

I have personally begun reformatting my computer and installing old games. BUT once that MGSO beta goes online... hell or high water I am going to be on that PS3 like white on rice!

When Home arrives finally,in-game xmb, and the movie service i think thats when everything will be anchored in for Sony then more games will start to pour in more. :)

I'm disappointed that Home is pushed back again. I was looking forward to tinkering with it, but I'm really a solitary gamer. Little time to go online, let alone with consistency.

I'm still trying to beat Uncharted (at the final boss!) and I keep dying. Badly :(

I've got Mass Effect (I own both consoles) and loving that, plus too many other titles to play and finish. Them I'll look into GTAIV. Someday. I still want GTA with current gen graphics and teh Vice City vibe!

When Home arrives finally,in-game xmb, and the movie service i think thats when everything will be anchored in for Sony then more games will start to pour in more. :)

How popular are the media features like movie downloading of XBL? I'm not sure how extra media will push the service; this is a gaming platform primarily.

How popular are the media features like movie downloading of XBL? I'm not sure how extra media will push the service; this is a gaming platform primarily.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I can't speak for everyone, but for the people I know PS3 = Blu-ray, X360 = Gaming. Makes sense considering why would you get a regular blu-ray player for $400 or more, when you can get a PS3?

I love my xbox and its online service, but don't use the vid dl service for anything but the free stuff they put up occasionally. Home isn't gonna be a blockbuster any more than XBL's video dl service has been. Yawn at both.

I love my xbox and its online service, but don't use the vid dl service for anything but the free stuff they put up occasionally. Home isn't gonna be a blockbuster any more than XBL's video dl service has been. Yawn at both.

+1.

I find it to just be easier to order movies through cable/satellite if I have the urge to watch a movie and don't want to go to a Redbox.

I'd say Lost planet or Half Life orange box are much betters example of PS3 owners being shafted by developers doing half-ass ports.

I'd say Lost planet or Half Life orange box are much betters example of PS3 owners being shafted by developers doing half-ass ports.

I haven't really read into Lost Planet, but I found the MP demo to be alright.... what makes it so half-ass?

Back