ps3 3d monitors?

Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
1
Hey guys, I'm ready to upgrade (downgrade) from my CRT. I was looking into getting the VG236HE but read in the comments it is not compatible with PS3 3D, something to do with the HDMI. Is this true? If so are there any newer monitors that support 3D through HDMI for a PS3/bluray player? Only interested in TN panels (2ms). Also, will any 3d glasses work for both PC and PS3?

PS: Does running at higher refresh rate (120hz) increase the EMF?

Thanks
 
Look for monitors with a 1.4 HDMI port (VG236HE has a 1.3 HDMI port). You can even choose a passive display if you don't like active-shutter glasses (and don't mind half-rez).

I don't know of any EMF tests done on the subject.
 
I have the Acer HS244HQ -- it is a 1.4 compliant monitor and works really well for PS3 / Bluray style 3D output.

The problem is when you get content that isn't forcing the display to playback appropriately. Say you have side by side content that you are trying to display, on my TV you can force it into 3D mode and then watch - this monitor doesn't let you do that.
 
Back
Top