PS3 1.70 Firmware out, Can play PS1 downloads now!

4saken

[H]F Junkie
PS3 1.70 firmware is out. Short list of updates. Im pretty excited about the ability to play the PS1 downloadable software on the PS3 itself.

The PLAYSTATION®3 System Software version 1.70 update includes the following:
You can now download PlayStation® format software from PLAYSTATION®Store, and play it on the PS3™ system.
You can now use saved data for PlayStation® format software on the PSP™ system.
You can now use the vibration function of accessories that are for use with PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format software.

if you had the disc to put in the drive, yes.

you could play the downloaded ones from the PS store via remote play on the PSP.
now, you can play them right on the PS3

I saw this last night. Since I don't have a PSP, I'd ignored much of those on the store.
Am I correct in assuming I can play any of those PS1 games (downloads for the PSP) on the PS3 without a PSP? Not that it's that big of a deal for me, but it could be at some point.

oooo anybody have a westinghouse 37'' to see if this update fixes the blinking problem??? Or will I have to wait till I get home :(

oooo anybody have a westinghouse 37'' to see if this update fixes the blinking problem??? Or will I have to wait till I get home :(

It didn't fix the problem on my Westinghouse 37. Is this a Sony issue or Westhighouse issue?

They both say the other is...

Most people say its a sony issue, since it does do it with other tv's as well. The thing I have a problem is, that people with the firmware 1.8 on there tv are saying they have no problems. So in my mind I am thinking it was a Westinghouse issue...

I saw this last night. Since I don't have a PSP, I'd ignored much of those on the store.
Am I correct in assuming I can play any of those PS1 games (downloads for the PSP) on the PS3 without a PSP? Not that it's that big of a deal for me, but it could be at some point.

From what I'm reading, you have to wait till the PS-Store is updated. The current games need a Certificate Key on the PSP-- but that's phased out with firmware 1.7 (on the PS3) and 3.4 (on the PSP).

The download on PSN needs to be update also, apparently. Once that's done, you should be able to play them directly off the PS3, without needing a PSP.

I own the 37w3 - apparently (I'd have to find the avsforum posting) there is a firmware fix for the hdmi handshake issue. I keep forgetting to call westinghouse to verify.

Yeah its suppose to be Westinghouse 1.8 Firmware thats suppose to fix it...but alot of us don't have the money to ship our tv's into westinghouse to get it updated. So we are hoping that one of the ps3's updates will fix it :(

yeah :( - Don't think I could afford the freight cost to ship it in for repair.

Just got off the phone with WH, they said there isn't a firmware for it, said it was an issue with Sony's HDCP chip and a PS3 firmware fix was supposed to be issued... :(

Yeah its suppose to be Westinghouse 1.8 Firmware thats suppose to fix it...but alot of us don't have the money to ship our tv's into westinghouse to get it updated. So we are hoping that one of the ps3's updates will fix it :(

Negative.

I bought myself a PS3 today with GoW2, and the f**cking screen blinks on/off on my Westy 37" w/ 1.80 firmware -- Does the PS3 blink on the Westy with all games over HDMI or just the backwards compatible PS2 titles?
How does component video cables work with games on Westy, does it blink on that also?
Lastly, I noticed that GoW2 had a widescreen option (in between the annoying blinking screen) but it still showed up as 4:3 ratio on my Westy with widescreen option enabled?? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks all!

It's everything over HDMI , Games, Blu-ray, DVD, F@H blinks 2x for me then stops :mad:

On the PS1 front I want FF7, Castlevania SotN, and a few others (for ~$5 it's cheaper than ebay!)

Its awsome that the PS Store is finally turning into something. Maybe in 6 more months it could actually be called a Store instead of looking like a hut.

I need FF7 for teh PS3!

G'ßöö;1030942783 said:
like what? what old as ass games are worthy?

As of today none are, but the PS1 had a massive library of A+ titles they could bring over pretty easily.

As of today none are, but the PS1 had a massive library of A+ titles they could bring over pretty easily.

I know a lot of games, although they have a few years on them, are still worth some $$$ if not worth more than the origonal price. (in some cases)

G'ßöö;1030942783 said:
like what? what old as ass games are worthy?

The ones that cost more than $70 on ebay.. like suikoden 2.

On another note, im waiting for a PSP multiplayer option for psx games.

PS3 1.70 firmware is out. Short list of updates. Im pretty excited about the ability to play the PS1 downloadable software on the PS3 itself.

The PLAYSTATION®3 System Software version 1.70 update includes the following:
You can now download PlayStation® format software from PLAYSTATION®Store, and play it on the PS3™ system.
You can now use saved data for PlayStation® format software on the PSP™ system.
You can now use the vibration function of accessories that are for use with PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format software.
wait, what?? does this mean rumble, or force feedback? and its only for PS2/one games, but its there?

wait, what?? does this mean rumble, or force feedback? and its only for PS2/one games, but its there?

huh weird, sony said that there was no rumble in the controller since it interferes with the bluetooth.. So does the firmware magically gives the controller force feedback features? :p

for dualshock and other PS2/PS1 controllers that supported rumble.
if you play a PS2/PS1 game with one of those controllers plugged into the PS3 with the converter, rumble now functions properly.

the Sony/Immersion rumble situation was resolved some time ago.

Back