• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PS2 SOUND + 2005fpw

Slufa111

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
1,172
I have the Audigy 2 ZS gamer edition sound card and the Logitech x-530 and the Dell 2005fpw.

I got the video from the PS2, how do I get audio? Ive tried everything...help please.

I want my PS2 to have sound and my PC to have sounds at the same time without switching. Ya know?
 
well through your computer it may not be possible. surely you can just plug your speakers into the console.
 
I could have sworn Logitech included that Y cable adapter for these things w/ your X530's. Green at the end and white and red at the other two, for your A/V RCA input (Audio ones).
 
I am asking how.... what wires do I use? lol

I have fiddled with this the last week... lol
 
VoBoy said:
I could have sworn Logitech included that Y cable adapter for these things w/ your X530's. Green at the end and white and red at the other two, for your A/V RCA input (Audio ones).

Well, I got these speakers a long time ago, could you show me by picture what the Y cable adapter looks like that comes with the 530's?
 
OK - your speakers - do they have an 1/8th inch mini-plug input(the same kind that most headphones use)?

If Y: ask radio shack for a "RCA Audio L/R to male 1/8th inch miniplug" and a "1/8th inch mini-plug y cable (2 female and 1 male)".

If N: ask radio shack for "RCA audio Y cables - 2 female and one male (2 of them)"
 
I did this.

I bought from Radio Shack:

An adapter that lets you convert the Red/White cables from the PS2 RCA cable into a 1/4" analog jack.

Plug it into your soundcard's Line-in, unmute the Line-in from Windows sound properties, and boom, audio from your PS2.
 
sitheris said:
I did this.

I bought from Radio Shack:

An adapter that lets you convert the Red/White cables from the PS2 RCA cable into a 1/4" analog jack.

Plug it into your soundcard's Line-in, unmute the Line-in from Windows sound properties, and boom, audio from your PS2.


I have the Audigy 2 card connected to a creative inspire 6.1 setup... does the adapter require a 1/4" or 1/8" to connect to my sound card so i can play xbox 360 with at least 5.1 sound? So confused, and I don't really want to switch the cables out between my 360 and my computer! Thanks for your patience! :D
 
Topey said:
I have the Audigy 2 card connected to a creative inspire 6.1 setup... does the adapter require a 1/4" or 1/8" to connect to my sound card so i can play xbox 360 with at least 5.1 sound? So confused, and I don't really want to switch the cables out between my 360 and my computer! Thanks for your patience! :D


If you plug it into the "Line In" and unmute that, it will play on 5.1 speakers you have hooked up to the normal speaker ports on the audigy.

I don't know about 360 since I don't have one but this is how I did my PS2

And the jack on the adapter is whatever the smallest is...the kind you normally plug into the soundcard
 
Hey this is kinda OT, but what kind of video quality do you have on the 2005FPW using the PS2?

Wondering whether I should spring for a PS2 (for Kingdom Hearts 2) and hook it up to my 2405FPW... Let me know, thanks!

Edit: I actually found a bunch of threads with pics in them. Not too impressed, but looks playable anyway.
 
shaky said:
Hey this is kinda OT, but what kind of video quality do you have on the 2005FPW using the PS2?

Wondering whether I should spring for a PS2 (for Kingdom Hearts 2) and hook it up to my 2405FPW... Let me know, thanks!


Shitty


But only because it's a much sharper display than a normal TV
 
Back
Top