PS2 Games on PC - How?

PHOBOS-82

Limp Gawd
Some one may have asked this before so forgive me please if thats the case.

I have a good (I think so at least) PC with a Logitech Formular Force steering wheel and pedals. Problem is there aren't any "SUPER FANTACTIC" car games for the PC.
How ever there are for the PS2. Grand Tarismo 3 and soon 4.
I'm not a rich person and cant afford to buy a PS2 and steering wheel for it.
But I maybe able to aford the game.
Is there any way of running a PS2 game on my PC.

Thanks all.

My PC:
Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2800+
Abit NF7 (plain)
2x512 MB DDR400 Kingston Value RAM @ DDR333 - 2.5-3-3-7
MSI 9800 Pro
120 GB Seagate 2MB
Sony OEM DVD-ROM
etc ... etc

Did you try using your wheel with the ps2? I have a logitech momo wheel and i thought i read it works with ps2 also. Some good car games for pc are live for speed, colin mcrae rally, richard burns ralley and im sure there are others. I dont think its possible to play your ps2 or the games on your pc without a tv tuner card and even then i dont think it runs very well, im not quite sure.

No I haven't tryed my steering wheel on a PS2, and even if it did work that wouldn't help me as I can't afford the PS2 in the first place.
It took me months to save up for my current PC that I started building in November 2003.
Since then I've been adding bits to it, like doubleling the RAM to 1 GB 2 months ago and upgrading from an FX5200 to a 9800 PRO at around June 2004.

So you see a PS2 is out of the question.
What I need is some sort of software or something to make PS2 games work on a PC then I can just buy the games. Grand Torismo 3 and 4.
I need a simulator with lots and lots of cars and tracks. I'm still tring to save up for TOCA Race Driver 2 as I loved the demo. And I also want the Audigy 2 ZS, the latest but cheapest one.

Any ideas.

I don't think you're going to have any luck. After some quick google searching for PS2 emulators, I've found these three: PCSX2, nSX2 and ps2emu

PCSX2 seems to be the most complete PS2 emulator out there, and by that I mean the only one that can actually run some games, sometimes. And looking at the FPS on some of those screenshots, you'd probably be running them with single digit FPS, or less (at least one of them had <1 fps) emulation is expensive. And I havn't checked it out much, but I wouldn't expect it to have a very large controller support.

There is not Emulator for the PS2 that is even playable... and wont be for awhile, PS2 will be alot harder to Emulate then the Xbox and Gamecube mainly because of the Hardware. There is alot of Unique and Specialized hardware in the PS2 thats undocumented. The Xbox and GameCubes components are very similar to many that are available on the PC.

Just grab Connectix VGS 1.3 and the XP patch for it and buy the cheapo PSX games.
I emulate Playstation with VGS, Nintendo 64 with PJ64, and Super NES with ZSNES all on my gaming system. All free, easy to setup and run, and all work great.

The Microsoft Sidewinder USB works excellent on all those emus above, but I haven't tried any wheels (don't care for wheels myself).

Good luck!

I've looked at the PCSX2 so far and the list of games supported doesn't include the 2 I'm interested in.

xplicit where did you get "Connectix VGS 1.3 and the XP patch " from?
And isn't PSX the Playstation 1 or am I missinformed.

I dont have time to play many games which is why the few I do play better be good.
Games like Grand Torismo 3 are what I'm looking for. I'll still play the new NFS Underground 2 , but there arn't enough cars to make it last a long time.

You're not going to find anything that'll play a PS2 game decently on a PC. The emulator just isn't there. However Playstation one games work great.. try ePSXe (http://www.epsxe.com).. it's free and HW accellerated unlike VGS. Gran Turismo 2 was a blast, better than GT3 in my opinion (gameplay wise, it was superior)

-Mavvy911

I take it that there is no reliable emulator for PS2 then.
Thats a bummer.

Thanks guys.

PHOBOS-82 said:
I take it that there is no reliable emulator for PS2 then.
Thats a bummer.

Thanks guys.

Maybe when GT4 comes out they've have another bundle package and you can get in on that.. besides if you start saving money now you can probably afford a PS2 when GT4 comes out.. Its probably going to be late December or January sony may push it back further..

1. Buy the new PSTwo
2. Gut it and put it inside your comp case
3. Get a good video capture card
4. Plug PSTwo into capture card
5. Play PS2 on computer :rolleyes:

All the emulators I have seen sucked. What I mentioned is the best idea I can come up with for a reasonable cost

PHOBOS-82 said:
I've looked at the PCSX2 so far and the list of games supported doesn't include the 2 I'm interested in.

xplicit where did you get "Connectix VGS 1.3 and the XP patch " from?
And isn't PSX the Playstation 1 or am I missinformed.

I dont have time to play many games which is why the few I do play better be good.
Games like Grand Torismo 3 are what I'm looking for. I'll still play the new NFS Underground 2 , but there arn't enough cars to make it last a long time.

Google "aldos tools" and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.
And yes: PSX is Playstation 1. As already stated many times - playable PS2 emulators are a long way off.

Back